All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Book Study......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marco

Marco

A Book Study...... Empty
PostSubject: A Book Study......   A Book Study...... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking and felt it would be beneficial and edifying to the brethren, if we studied through a book. I, believe, the book should be rather small for the sake of testing. Each week we all will read through one chapter and post our comments about the corresponding chapter.

As of the moment, C.J Mahanney's "Humilty" has been thrown in the air. Mostly, because it concise and many people have praised its contents.

We do not have to go through Mahanney's book. Mike and I are open to any suggestions.

What do you all think? ---The book can be found here:

http://www.monergismbooks.com/Humility-True-Greatness-p-17118.html
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

A Book Study...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Book Study......   A Book Study...... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 11:25 am

I think this is a great idea. I'll be purchasing my book next week.

Oh, and if you all have never been to monergismbooks.com, I recommend checkin' it out. They have some great stuff available. I got my Calvin's Commentaries there. 22 Volume Set was very reasonably priced, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
btate0121

btate0121

A Book Study...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Book Study......   A Book Study...... EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 1:51 pm

maaaaaaan. i'm in! lemme knwo what book so i can run get dat when yall decide on it.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

A Book Study...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Book Study......   A Book Study...... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 9:55 am

I've been thinking about this. I like Marco's suggestion. I think we all could stand to learn some stuff about humility. Well, you guys. Not ME. I'm a good person...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Book Study...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Book Study......   A Book Study...... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Book Study......
Page 1 of 1