All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??

Go down 
+2
Michael
Chema
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chema

Chema

"Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? Empty
PostSubject: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:26 pm

What up, fam.. I've got a question about what God told to Adam and Eve: "Be fruitful and multiply" (Gen 1:28 )

Was this commandment just for Adam and Eve, or for everybody??..

Thanks

God bless you
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Chema wrote:
What up, fam.. I've got a question about what God told to Adam and Eve: "Be fruitful and multiply" (Gen 1:28 )

Was this commandment just for Adam and Eve, or for everybody??..

Thanks

God bless you

Ummmm, we have a theology section, bro...LOL.

I don't think this was a command to us. I think this was specifically for Adam and Eve, being that there were no other humans besides themselves. Looking at the world's population now, I wouldn't say it's necessary.
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Expositor wrote:

I don't think this was a command to us. I think this was specifically for Adam and Eve, being that there were no other humans besides themselves. Looking at the world's population now, I wouldn't say it's necessary.

That's good to hear ... that means I don't have to ever marry and can live forever fancy free and single cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Chema

Chema

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:45 pm

thanks, Expo.. I also believe that was for Adam and Eve... but I've heard some people say that if you don't have at least four kids, you're not fulfilling God's command (or something like that), since 1+1=2*2=4 (2 kids for husband, and 2 for the wife, therefore, you are 'multiplying')
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Chema wrote:
thanks, Expo.. I also believe that was for Adam and Eve... but I've heard some people say that if you don't have at least four kids, you're not fulfilling God's command (or something like that), since 1+1=2*2=4 (2 kids for husband, and 2 for the wife, therefore, you are 'multiplying')

Sounds legalistic to me. How many kids did Paul have naturally? Was he disobedient to God's command? If it was for every believer, why did Paul rather wish that everyone could be single as he was? I can't imagine Paul teaching against a direct command of God.
Back to top Go down
Chema

Chema

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Expositor wrote:
Chema wrote:

Sounds legalistic to me. How many kids did Paul have naturally? Was he disobedient to God's command? If it was for every believer, why did Paul rather wish that everyone could be single as he was? I can't imagine Paul teaching against a direct command of God.

That's a good point, my brother... (by the way, you should use another font color on the quotes, can barely read them..) afro
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Chema wrote:
Expositor wrote:
Chema wrote:

That's a good point, my brother... (by the way, you should use another font color on the quotes, can barely read them..)
afro

Trying to figure out how to do it. I chose the template and it seems to be somewhat customizable (sp?), but not sure how to change it yet.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:15 am

Question though (even though I know this is for the theology section). Paul was never married.

So, what about a husband and wife? Should it be a necessity that they have children?
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:33 am

Just moved the thread to its proper place. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
WhyMe

WhyMe

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 3:14 pm

Jewel wrote:
Question though (even though I know this is for the theology section). Paul was never married.

So, what about a husband and wife? Should it be a necessity that they have children?

I would say no, I don't see a hint of this command in the new covenant for Married couples to do so.

Would we say couples who are physically unable to have kids are sinning?
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 am

WhyMe wrote:
Would we say couples who are physically unable to have kids are sinning?

This is also a question I share. I'm not saying that I don't want to have kids when I marry, but if God has given me the ability to reproduce and I choose not to, is that wrong, especially when there are so many couples in the world who physically can not reproduce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??   "Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans?? Empty

Back to top Go down

"Be Fruitful and multiply" is this command for ALL humans??
Page 1 of 1