All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeremiah 14:11-16, can this be used to refute the "claim the victory" stuff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chema

Chema

Jeremiah 14:11-16, can this be used to refute the "claim the victory" stuff Empty
PostSubject: Jeremiah 14:11-16, can this be used to refute the "claim the victory" stuff   Jeremiah 14:11-16, can this be used to refute the "claim the victory" stuff EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 2:31 pm

What up, brethren.. God bless you

I was reading today the book of Jeremiah, and read this interesting verses:

Quote :
11 Then the LORD said to me, "Do not pray for the well-being of this people. 12 Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague." 13 But I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, the prophets keep telling them, 'You will not see the sword or suffer famine. Indeed, I will give you lasting peace in this place.' "

14 Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries [a] and the delusions of their own minds. 15 Therefore, this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, 'No sword or famine will touch this land.' Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine. 16 And the people they are prophesying to will be thrown out into the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and sword. There will be no one to bury them or their wives, their sons or their daughters. I will pour out on them the calamity they deserve.

Can this verses be used to refute the "declare the victory" or "declare the healing" or "do not accept sickness" type stuff that going on on churches today??... can we apply it?

For example, we all know the Lord is in control of everything, and that He allows us to go thru tribulation for a purpose.. maybe we do not know that purpose, but the Lord is always glorified!... but there is always people saying "do not accept it, reject it in the Name of Jesus Christ".. or "do not declare poverty!", etc... A specific example of this is when I was diagnosed diabetes, some brothers and sisters told me "reject in the name of Christ" or "do not declare your sickness".. and it came to my mind "how do we know if the Lord has A GREATER PURPOSE FOR THIS SITUATION HE HAS ALLOWED TO HAPPEN"
we can clearly see in this passage that the Lord had determined to punish the people of Israel because of their sins.. but the "prophets" were saying "you will have peace" (ie. they were "declaring" peace), but the Lord had the last word.. what do you think? am I right, or am I taking things out of context.. thanks.. God bless you

Chema
Back to top Go down

Jeremiah 14:11-16, can this be used to refute the "claim the victory" stuff
Page 1 of 1