All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm leaving my church...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyPraze

I'm leaving my church... Empty
PostSubject: I'm leaving my church...   I'm leaving my church... EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:24 pm

I pray you take a moment and share with me...

First off, again, I thank all of those who have prayed for me and my situation in the past.

It is very hard for me because I attend a small congregation and the Pastor and I are very close. (Actually my wife and I are very close with the whole church. About half of them are related to her in some way.)
I've been attending since my salvation in '99-'00

I have spent the last year trying to co-exist. Trying to put doctrinal issues aside and just focus on proclaiming the Gospel to the lost. (However, It has become harder and harder)

I know that I am far from knowing it all, but I am to the point that I fill like I'm spitting out more bones, then I am eating meat.

Revival is this week and my pastors close friend is preaching all week.
Tonight, she read: Gen 1:22&28, Gen 24:60, Lev 26:9, and a few other scriptures.

However her whole sermon focused on the importance of words: (Using the prayer for Rebbecca as the example)
"Whatever you say you shall have"
"Call those things that are not as though they are"
and my favorite...
"When you know who you are in Christ, you can activate God's favor"

She continually reiterated what "God is saying", but it was nowhere to be found in the scriptures she read, nor any others that I know of. (She went on a tangent about "The Spirit of Imagination")
This is the same woman that preached about my pastor having "The Spirit of Asa", and I have even heard one of her ministers "Bind the Spirit of tiredness" before.

I love my pastor, I love the congregation, but I just find myself irritated more then anything anymore.

My Pastor is the son of two Pastors and has taught me a lot about ministry, how to deal with people, and many more great things. However, I disagree with a lot of the teachings that influence him. (ie: His pastor friend whom preached tonight, his friend Jamal Bryant, along with those he regularly listens to or studies: John Hagee, Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyers, Eddie Long and others)

Not saying anything bad about my pastor, his friends, or those he follows, I just disagree with them.

The post about working in a ministry you don't agree with really hit home... I've been trying, and It doesn't seem to be working.

I am not sure If I will attend the rest of the revival. I'll be praying regardless, and I am going to tell my Pastor at the end of the week.

For those that have taken the time to read and pray, I thank you, and love you with the love of our Lord.
-God Bless
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church...   I'm leaving my church... EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:58 pm

Brother, I have definitely been there. Give me a call sometime. 443 418 8834
Back to top Go down
JohnnyPraze

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church...   I'm leaving my church... EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:49 am

Expositor wrote:

Mike, I really appreciate it. I will be calling you sometime this week. What time is best?
-Henry
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church...   I'm leaving my church... EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:27 am

JohnnyPraze wrote:
Expositor wrote:

Mike, I really appreciate it. I will be calling you sometime this week. What time is best?
-Henry

This week is a little hectic. I've got school and Evangel's release party. But, I think the weekend is looking good if you want to call me then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church...   I'm leaving my church... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm leaving my church...
Page 1 of 1