All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barber Shop Encouragement (witnessing story)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
elboogee

elboogee

Barber Shop Encouragement (witnessing story) Empty
PostSubject: Barber Shop Encouragement (witnessing story)   Barber Shop Encouragement (witnessing story) EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

I have a 13 year old brother whose blow-out was looking a little rough so I took him to a barber shop for a shape-up

I decided to give a Christian shop a try.I thought I'd support the fam.

However when I got there (although I counted 4 bibles on the barber tables) the barbers that were working began CUSSING!!!! affraid

I thanked the barber for cutting my lil bro's hair paid him and bounced but felt too convicted because I didn't say anything. I got home, got two "are you a good person" tracts, and my Lecrae C.D. I looked up Matthew 15:11 to share with them.

I prayed, got back into the car and headed back to the shop.. It was packed and I was feeling spineless. But I said to them- Hello, I just wanted to encourage you guys and share with you this scripture because to be honest, when I was here earlier , the cursing really bothered me.

Matt 15:11. (Jesus said) It is not that which goes into a man's mouth that defiles him but what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.

I talked with the dudes about forsaking the world and living for the LORD. I was a little disappointed in myself that I didn't say "REPENT". *darn*
It was very well received however and the one of the barbers looked very contrite. I gave them the tracts and the cd and bounced.
Back to top Go down
btate0121

btate0121

Barber Shop Encouragement (witnessing story) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barber Shop Encouragement (witnessing story)   Barber Shop Encouragement (witnessing story) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 4:08 pm

well if nobody else says it... I will... praise God for you sis! I read another thread by you a minute ago about you trying to witness to your friend and wanted to commend you on at least having the desire to do your part to spread the Gospel! it's harder than it looks right? LOL. Don't feel so horrible.. it's not what YOU say or do that brings them into the fold anyway... God can still use crumby blocks of clay like us no matter how we foul up! Be encouraged and keep going!
Back to top Go down

Barber Shop Encouragement (witnessing story)
Page 1 of 1