All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2PAC's Gospel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marco

Marco

2PAC's Gospel Empty
PostSubject: 2PAC's Gospel   2PAC's Gospel EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 2:54 pm

How much damage has 2Pac's idea of a ghetto gospel done to the urban community?
Back to top Go down
kritikul

kritikul

2PAC's Gospel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2PAC's Gospel   2PAC's Gospel EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:40 am

It's crippling. In fact, there are small cults that equate Tupac's status to that of Jesus. Many who have bought in to the theory of his "faked death" anticipate his second coming. They worship his music as though it is the whole-hearted, unadulterated truth that one must live by in order to be fulfilled in this life and the next. They study his biography as though it brings them closer to him, searching for any and every bit of information they can get their hands on. It's sickening how much they idolize him. Tupac was no doubt talented, but his talents were ill-spent, bringing glory to himself and a lifestyle of crime, violence, womanizing and illicit drug use. Those who worship him are in deep trouble, and need to turn the the redemptive work of Christ.
Back to top Go down
kritikul

kritikul

2PAC's Gospel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2PAC's Gospel   2PAC's Gospel EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:45 am

Here's one case which the worship of Tupac has lead to extreme measures:

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11422/mother-accused-of-killing-beheading-daughter-tupac-sect
Back to top Go down
Marco

Marco

2PAC's Gospel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2PAC's Gospel   2PAC's Gospel EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 11:18 am

Yikes, I feel you. His idea of a heaven for a 'g' is damaging. He has completely eradicated the idea that God requires perfection and righteousness in his kingdom.
Back to top Go down
smoke

smoke

2PAC's Gospel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2PAC's Gospel   2PAC's Gospel EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:39 pm

i feel u guys on this one. it's insane how much people idolize him. theres one 2pac quote that always stuck in my mind, he was talking about how he thinks hes gonna get into heaven,

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So i feel like I'm going to heaven."

i wonder how many he affected by saying that.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

2PAC's Gospel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2PAC's Gospel   2PAC's Gospel EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:06 am

Ahhh, if he only knew and understood the truth in Jeremiah 17:9 and was able to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I grieve for the many souls who will end up in hell believing their heart was true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2PAC's Gospel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2PAC's Gospel   2PAC's Gospel Empty

Back to top Go down

2PAC's Gospel
Page 1 of 1