All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "Post your favorite Psalm" game

Go down 
+2
btate0121
B. Morr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
B. Morr
B. Morr

The "Post your favorite Psalm" game Empty
PostSubject: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Okay, post your favorite Psalm. You can post the whole thing if its less than 10 verses. But if its 11 verses or more then just cite it so we can go to it on our own. Just answer these two questions for me....
1) What is your favorite Psalm?
2) Why is it your favorite Psalm? Expound

That's it....let 'em roll....
Back to top Go down
btate0121

btate0121

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Psalm 15 all DAY!

love that join man...

1 LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?

2 He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart

3 and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,

4 who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the LORD,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,

5 who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things
will never be shaken.

every single verse is a gut check like "man.. i did just talk about ol' boy yesterday.. lemme remember to apologize to him" I remember when i first left this singin group i was in, whenever somebody asked me why i left.. out of my bitterness i aired it out... i knew it was wrong when i did it..but because i read this join daily.. it really bothered me knowing that i did that.. so i found myself goin to dude and apologizing for it to make myself right with God even tho the dude i was talkin about had NO IDEA i was "runnin my mouf".

this is the script that inspires me to holiness and purity of character. Pushes me into integrity and humility.. i read this one daily.. i made a BIG OL' poster and put it on the wall of my "prayer closet". its like lookin in the mirror every morning.

amen.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Only btate? HELLO!!! ANYONE ELSE!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm thinking. I have a LOT of favorites.....lol.
Back to top Go down
TEDDY P

TEDDY P

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Psalm 51 is the first to come to mind for me.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 10:16 am

Goodness!!! This is a hard question. I do not have just ONE favorite Psalm. But I'll post one of my favorites: Psalms 1:

Psalm 1
1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

I think all of our problems would be solved (in a sense) if we just "delight in the Lord" and meditate on His law "day and night". Man...that's a problem that we all face. What are we really delighting ourselves in? I'll save that for another discussion.

Hey...I like these colors together. Pretty prettybounce
Back to top Go down
Redeemed

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:00 pm

I can't nail down a favorite. There are several that grip my heart and draw me into silent reflection. I'll just throw out a few.

Psalm 8 a sustained & worshipful glance at the majestic presence of God
Psalm 16 an exalted view of the pleasurable presence of God
Psalm 19 a distillation of General & Special Revelation
Psalm 27 an exhortation of trust in the LORD
Psalm 34 a rededication to trust God above all else and an invitation for others to do the same
Psalm 42; 43 must be ruminated upon together as melancholy gives way to whole souled petition
Psalm 73 struggling heart meets sliding feet
Psalm 119:65-72 the whole psalm but especially these verses because this type of afflicting is what I've needed
Back to top Go down
Redeemed

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:41 am

So what came of this? Did you revisit these B?

Were these suggestions of any benefit?
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:25 am

Redeemed wrote:
So what came of this? Did you revisit these B?

Were these suggestions of any benefit?
In case anyone couldn't tell, I was using this method to see what Psalm's people came up wtih that they absolutely loved for music material. I copied EVERYBODY'S answer and reviewed them all and they were of great benefit. All I can say is that some of these are in the works for songs that are to be released soon. Its gonna be underwraps (sp) for now, but a project title and theme has been decided on. So keep that in prayer, folks. Grace and peace.

B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Post your favorite Psalm" game   The "Post your favorite Psalm" game Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Post your favorite Psalm" game
Page 1 of 1