All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you witness....?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jewel

Jewel

How do you witness....? Empty
PostSubject: How do you witness....?   How do you witness....? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 4:11 pm

How do you witness to someone when they question the validity of the scriptures????

How do you witness....? 312142
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: How do you witness....?   How do you witness....? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:32 am

Jewel wrote:
How do you witness to someone when they question the validity of the scriptures????

How do you witness....? 312142

With unbelievers who have no Scriptural foundation and/or don't believe in the validity of Scripture, I'd start with Creation. It's how Paul addressed the Gentiles. If you look in Scripture, you'll see that Paul addressed the Jews from the Old Testament and explained how Christ fulfilled the prophecies for the Messiah. But, with the Gentiles, who had no Old Testament understanding, he appealed to them first by addressing the matter of Creation. This is exactly what he did in Acts 17 when he preached at Mars Hill.

Romans 1 tells us that man knows that God exists because He is clearly seen in creation. However, they suppress or "hold" this truth in unrighteousness. Because of their unrighteousness, they would like to not retain God in their knowledge. They don't want to deal with a holy God who holds them accountable for their deeds. So, I would appeal to them first through Creation, and then take them through the law. They can still reject what you're saying, but their conscience will bear witness that the things contained in the law are true, because God has written it on their hearts.

I would definitely take them through the "good person" test.

Just remember, our job is to be faithful witnesses of the gospel. Our job isn't to convert them. Just tell them the truth. In fact, there's a great book called "Tell the Truth" that would be very helpful. I also have a book called "How to Give Away Your Faith" by Paul Little. You are welcome to check either of them out. Just remind me.
Back to top Go down
btate0121

btate0121

PostSubject: Re: How do you witness....?   How do you witness....? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:17 pm

due to the lack of a "thanks" button here

Thanks mike!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you witness....?   How do you witness....? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you witness....?
Page 1 of 1