All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers. Empty
PostSubject: A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers.   A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Undoubtedly, there are many religions present in this current age. You have a wide range of belief systems. And in this relativistic and pluralistic society, the feeling amongst many is that each system of belief can be equally true and valid, even that of an atheist/agnostic.

However, I believe one thing that is neglected in all of this is the use of logic. It's like no one understands or studies logic anymore. If you have a wide range of beliefs that all claim exclusivity and all contradict each other's message, then all of them can't be true. Either one is true and the rest are wrong, or all of them are wrong. You can't have two contradictory things both being true. That's an antinomy and is illogical.

Unfortunately, absolute truth, both moral and otherwise, have been rejected by the majority of people today. Everything seems to be relative to what a person thinks/feels. I believe it was Rene Des Cartes who proposed the idea of "I think, therefore I am." We have placed man in the position of absolute authority, where whatever he thinks must be so. We've attempted to place man in a position of authority over God. Our idea of God that many have created is subject to man's opinion of Him.

The earth is the Lord's. He owns everything, because He created everything. Yes, even you and me. I know that isn't a very popular statement these days, but it doesn't make it any less true. All one must do to understand that there is a Creator is to look at the creation. The works of God's creation speak of His glory and power. However, man has suppressed this knowledge because he loves darkness and would prefer to eliminate God from the picture than to have his deeds exposed/reproved.

God has winked at the rejection of Him for centuries, but now God commands that every man repent (turn from his sinfulness) and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ. He's appointed a day when Christ will return and judge all men by God's righteous standard. Those who are not justified by God, will suffer the consequences for their rebellion. No one will be able to stand before God and justify his actions against Him. Folks who think they'll stand before God and tell Him to "go to hell" and things like that, are sadly mistaken about the power and holiness of God.

However, God has done an amazingly kind thing for all those who will decidedly turn away from their own sinfulness and place their faith in Christ. He has promised them eternal life. God's promises are true and forever. Jesus Christ, God's Son, took upon Himself the wrath of God that should be poured out on us all because of our disobedience. An innocent man, standing in the place of sinners, took the sins of His people and removed them from them, and He rose again on the third day with all power. Those who believe in Christ are justified by faith in Him and Christ's fully obedient life is credited to them as if they lived His life, and their life was credited to Christ on the cross as if He lived their's, though He was innocent.

My plea to anyone reading this is to turn from your sin, ask the Lord to forgive you, and believe the gospel of Christ for your salvation.

I'm not here to promote my church, or ask for your money or anything like that. I'm here, on this board, ready to take all of the criticism and hate mail, because I love people, and more importantly, I want to bring glory to Him. I expect that I'll hear folks calling me all sorts of names and insulting my intelligence. But, if only one person is affected by this, Soli Deo Gloria.
Back to top Go down
zacchaeus

zacchaeus

PostSubject: Re: A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers.   A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 3:18 pm

you eloquently and lovingly proclaimed the truth being the gospel of Christ. i am going to keep a file of exhortations from fellow brethren, so as to share the gospel from different perspectives, but the unity that is in the gospel is evident them all.

this would be a great tract to be given out. grace and peace
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers.   A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 3:45 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Joseph. I never really thought about making it a tract, though I suppose I could edit it a little bit to make it flow better for a tract. Thanks for the idea, bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers.   A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Message Shared with Some Bill Maher Followers.
Page 1 of 1