All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pastor Jorge in Mexico

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
simply seth

simply seth

Pastor Jorge in Mexico Empty
PostSubject: Pastor Jorge in Mexico   Pastor Jorge in Mexico EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:22 am

dear saints,

thanks so much for your prayers...no doubt God has been hearing and answering in amazing ways...some beautiful providences have happened that have served to encourage us....we met a new believer who is first cousin to the guy who kicked us out of la barra...she will be witnessing to him about what the Lord has done for her...

on the night before having our first meeting in Simatan with the la barra believers we went out for hamburgers and it so happened that the lady who lives NEXT DOOR to the hamburger joint heard us speaking about the Lord...turns out she is a believer...her and her husband have also been ministering in la barra and where kicked out...and she has a PROPERTY in Simatan that she is lending us to hold our bible studies there...God is so good and so encouraging to us...

yesterday we finished our studies in 1 thessalonians and today we began our study of 1 timothy...they were encouraged to see that suffering is a normal part of the Christian experience...i told them that, yes, the christian life is HARD but the company is GOOD...Jesus Christ promises to never leave us or forsake us...

thank you for praying that men would show up...two men we know showed up...we had a very fruitful discussion on the roles of men and women in the church and in the home...they are eating up the bread of life with great eagerness...

about one hour away from Simatan there is a beautiful tourist attraction - las cascadas magicas - the magic waterfalls...we took a trip to go see this place...two young men were able to join us...while we were there i was able to talk at length with one about his faith...it was encouraging to hear of his hope in Christ and the change that he has experienced....

he also shared with me something that i need you all NEED to be praying for...his wife, is struggling with forgiving him for his many years of drunkennes, negligence and harsh treatment...he recognizes his sins and is seeking forgiveness...please pray that God would bring his healing to this family and show through them,to la barra, the power of reconciliation and transormation that the gospel brings...tomorrow after our study i plan to have a talk with the couple about this situation...PLEASE PRAY for wisdom and grace

I APPRECIATE YOU ALL, THANKS FOR STANDING WITH US IN PRAYER...
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Jorge in Mexico   Pastor Jorge in Mexico EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:43 am

This is really encouraging. I talked to our good brother, Marco, the other day and he mentioned the struggles that Pastor Jorge was having getting into La Barra. I'm happy to see the LORD making ways out of what seems to be no way.

I'll definitely be praying for that family. I know it must be a hard thing for the wife to forgive. I pray that she will see the sincerity of her husband and that God will soften her heart toward him.

It's accounts like this one that further encourage me to get out and share the gospel with my own community, where I don't have nearly the struggle as Pastor Jorge has had.

Grace and peace
Back to top Go down
Chema

Chema

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Jorge in Mexico   Pastor Jorge in Mexico EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Jorge in Mexico   Pastor Jorge in Mexico Empty

Back to top Go down

Pastor Jorge in Mexico
Page 1 of 1