All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attacker Shoots Two Pastors, Wife; One Pastor Killed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Attacker Shoots Two Pastors, Wife; One Pastor Killed Empty
PostSubject: Attacker Shoots Two Pastors, Wife; One Pastor Killed   Attacker Shoots Two Pastors, Wife; One Pastor Killed EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:31 pm

PHILIPPINES – Attacker Shoots Two Pastors, Wife; One Pastor Killed
April 28, 2008

On April 15, Pastor Vic Vicera, his wife, Beth; and Pastor were shot at when an unknown assailant stormed Pastor Vicera’s home in Mindanao, Philippines, and started shooting. Pastor Vicera was killed in the attack.

According to The Voice of the Martyrs contacts, “Pastor Vic and his wife, Beth, and Pastor Noli were having a conversation early that evening. They were talking about their plans to minister in a Muslim tribal area, when suddenly the killer came in and started firing at them.”

VOM contacts added, “Pastor Vic got four gunshots, two at the upper part of the knees that went through his navel and two shots to the lower part of his knees, the bullets remained in his stomach. Beth, his wife, got two gunshots, one in her palm and one in her leg. Pastor Saturnino got one shot in his leg; the bullet went through his leg.” Pastor Vic was killed, and Beth and Saturnino are being treated by doctors.

Even though VOM contacts could not confirm the reason for the attack, they reported that Pastor Vic lived among Muslims who wanted him to join Islam, but he refused. “Earlier in the week, my wife and I went to their [Pastor Vic’s] house and talked about the ministry. Their house is surrounded by Muslim houses. I heard before that there were Muslims wanting Pastor Vic to join the Islam faith, but he refused. [At] this time we still don’t know those responsible for his death, but some said that Muslims are responsible,” a VOM contact said.

The Voice of the Martyrs encourages you to pray for believers in the Philippines who face persecution because of their faith. Pray especially for the family and congregation of Pastor Vicera, who have lost a father and pastor. Ask God to heal Pastor Vicera’s wife, Beth, and Pastor Saturnino who were injured in the attack. Pray the testimonies of these faithful believers will draw their persecutors into fellowship with Christ.
Back to top Go down

Attacker Shoots Two Pastors, Wife; One Pastor Killed
Page 1 of 1