All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oprah's Secret

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Oprah's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Oprah's Secret   Oprah's Secret EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 10:53 am

http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.php?itemid=1810
Back to top Go down
kritikul

kritikul

Oprah's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oprah's Secret   Oprah's Secret EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 9:48 am

My mother tried to sell me this idea of "The Secret". I've been struggling with certain sin issues, and it has become evident to her, so she offered this audio book to me as a potential solution. Being the character that I am, and having already gotten the gist of their so-called secret through online video, I was reluctant. My mom was frustrated because she expected that of me, so I made a genuine effort to listen to it.

I listened to the first disc with no surprise, only disappointment and frustration. They went as far as to say that the secret is the most powerful thing in existence. They also almost directly suggest that we are our own gods, in full control of our world, fully sovereign based on our thoughts and choices. They do go as far as giving the secret the powers that only an almighty being possesses, and that was something that I couldn’t accept. After enough tolerance, I gave up on it based on pure disgust. I’m extremely disappointed to know that so many people have bought in to this theory.

I believe the law of attraction exists and holds truth, but not the one that they presented. I believe in the scientific law of attraction, which basically states that like attracts like. Yet, this truth is most DEFINITELY is NOT universal. Magnets are a great example. Only opposite sides of magnets are attracted to each other. In fact, if you try to join the same charge between two magnets, they will REPEL each other. This is just an extravagant effort to eliminate belief in any real consequence to our actions that requires some kind of ultimate punishment (i.e. Judgment). O how man has [illogically] reasoned his way into believing himself to be his own god. Maranatha!
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Oprah's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oprah's Secret   Oprah's Secret EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 10:28 am

O,

That was a great response, man. I particularly liked how you wrote about magnets with the same charge repelling one another. Great analogy, fam!

I was listening to WOTMR last night, and they were playing audio clips of this lady, Marianne Williamson, who has this teaching called "A Course in Miracles" or something like that. Oprah has endorsed this on XM radio. It basically was exalting man to a lofty status, and from what I understand, it eventually gets to the point of making man gods.

Have you ever seen "Akeelah and the Bee"? If you have, you'll remember this quote from Marianne Williamson:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

I've heard so many professing believers quote this woman as if this is God-inspired. They have it as quotes on their myspace and facebook pages. They add it to their signatures on emails. They quote it as if God approves of this message. But, biblically, this statement does not line up with the Word of God. It exalts man and distorts the true glory of God in His people by saying that EVERYONE has God's glory within them. Really? Charles Manson manifests God's glory? Adolph Hitler manifested God's glory? What about the father in Baltimore who threw his three year-old off the bridge?

Man, with Oprah's stamp of approval, there will be millions of women buying into this garbage. Let's commit ourselves to prayer for these women, including Oprah and Marianne Williamson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oprah's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oprah's Secret   Oprah's Secret Empty

Back to top Go down

Oprah's Secret
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: The Gathering Place :: General Discussion-
Jump to: