All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Atonement By Shai Linne

Go down 
+8
TEDDY P
Aisha
kritikul
btate0121
str8wisdom
B. Morr
Michael
Marco
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Marco

Marco

The Atonement By Shai Linne Empty
PostSubject: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 10:34 pm

A theological and refreshing feast!
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 10:37 pm

I've been chewin' on that since last Friday NON-STOP almost. It's been the only thing in my car cd player. I'm gonna buy a slew of these and give them away.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 10:39 am

How do so many people have this and it hasn't come out yet? lol!
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 10:52 am

If they pre-ordered, it shipped out on Monday.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 11:48 am

The Atonement isn't due to release until Feb. 12. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:01 pm

Yeah, I know. esso made that point in his bulletin announcing the album. For those who pre-ordered, he said they'd get it a week before it's official release. Or, if you happen to see shai in the back of Believer's Chapel, and he just HAPPENS to have some available copies, you'd have it even before that...lol.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:33 pm

Oh, okay. Cool. This is making me amped for Storiez......
Back to top Go down
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:53 pm

One of the best albums ever! This whole album points to one person, Christ. This is what HHH is missing.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 1:00 pm

str8wisdom wrote:
One of the best albums ever! This whole album points to one person, Christ. This is what HHH is missing.

Amen to that, brother.
Back to top Go down
btate0121

btate0121

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 1:46 pm

yeah man.. that join is B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BAAAANGKIN!!!!!!

i thump that at least once a day. very very very good meat. Brotha Shai is on point!
Back to top Go down
kritikul

kritikul

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 4:23 pm

Each of his projects sets the bar higher for Christian emcees. Instead of random "Jesus" rap, Shai delivers quality lyricism and wordplay, great story lines, and overall solid production. The beats aren't so catchy that you forget about the words, but they are, IMHO, more theatrical, which fits the whole concept of the project perfectly. The interludes are beautiful seguay's (sp?) to the proceeding songs, and the jazz loop they play in the background is smoother than baby skin. I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive about this at first. From what I had already heard at the time, he was going too mellow for my taste. I wanted more enthusiasm in his lyricism, and I was afraid I wasn't going to get it. It was only until after I had heard the project in its entirety that I grew to appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Aisha

Aisha

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 5:31 pm

this...album...iiis...bangin'!!

yo, i cant get off of certain songs (ok, i dont know titles, only track numbers)

#2 the "in adam all died"
#14 "...the question concerns those for whom Christ died. Was He trying to save everybody worldwide? Was He trying to make the entire world His bride...?"
#15 "God is the universe's creator and Sustainer, plus the Only Savior, there is no one greater..."

CRAZY!

im looking forward to storiez. Although mad people are anticipating the release, im kinda thinking it should be prolonged. my opinion means absolutely nothing, and im def not complaining...uh...i dont know.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Yeah, I kinda agree. Though I REALLY wanna hear Storiez, I'd love to see people really dig into The Atonement first. I think this album is going to be a great benefit to the HHH community, and even those who don't ordinarily listen to hip hop.

#14 is Mission Accomplished...I think that's a great song. I really liked when shai broke it down logically, how that since the Father's election isn't universal, and the Holy Spirit's regeneration isn't universal, why would the Son's redemption be universal?

I'm feelin' the whole album. Great stuff all the way through.
Back to top Go down
TEDDY P

TEDDY P

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Almost every time I listen to "The Cross" (number 10) I cry. When I think about all my sin placed on our Savior's frame.....I can't even imagine the sins of the world....but my sins alone would've been too much for me as a lowly man to bear. Praise God for His grace, praise Christ Jesus for His obedience, and praise Holy Spirit for continuing to enlighten me through God's holy Word.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 10:21 am

Sad I don't have it yet. Crying or Very sad

But I heard Triune Praise and the content is just....its just so off the hook, Man. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
btate0121

btate0121

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 2:45 pm

so forever will i tell.. in 3 hours Christ suffered more than any sinner EVER will in hell

Classic line right there man.. "The Cross" in my favorite on the whole join man.
Back to top Go down
Lockett

Lockett

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:25 pm

The content on the album is so heavy and rich in exalting the Triune God above all else. I had to refer it to the guys I'm being discipled with.
Back to top Go down
clayfilms

PostSubject: ..   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:11 pm

i love it..these days my favorite tracks are "throne of grace", "were you there" and triune praise".

All Glory to the trinity!!

Last edited by on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marco

Marco

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:36 pm

One thing I appreciated the most about the album was "Mission Accomplished" the content of that song will engage people into a lot of theological refreshing conversation. But, it will also take a fan base from lampmode.

Which is even more encouraging to know Lampmode doesnt care about the praise of men, but God alone.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Yeah, I really liked the way shai pointed to the Father's election and the Spirit's regeneration and indwelling not being universal, thus making the atonement also not universal, keeping in unity within the Trinity.
Back to top Go down
Marco

Marco

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:15 am

Read John Owens "Death of Death" thats the argument he presents in the first hundred pages. I've never actually finished the whole work (he also says dont read it if you don t finish it).
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:31 am

I have that book. Haven't had a chance to crack it open just yet.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Expo wrote:
Yeah, I really liked the way shai pointed to the Father's election and the Spirit's regeneration and indwelling not being universal, thus making the atonement also not universal, keeping in unity within the Trinity.

That's also the argument A.W. Pink raises in his work "The Sovereignty of God".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Atonement By Shai Linne   The Atonement By Shai Linne Empty

Back to top Go down

The Atonement By Shai Linne
Page 1 of 1