All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please Read!

Go down 
+5
Lockett
simply seth
B. Morr
Michael
str8wisdom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 5:03 pm

I have read that many people want to get more people on this site and that is my heart as well. We have around 60 members and 98% of those members don't post that much, me included. Lets all put some time into the website, asking, answering questions and posting. And lets also get the word out to those we know that are not on here. No one wants to join a forum where no one is posting anything. We can invite people all day but if we don't take the first step, we will have many members and still no one posting. One more thing, those that you know that haven't been on in awhile, hit them up and encourage them to start posting again. This site is a blessing to me and I would love to see our brothers and sisters growing in the things of God and I believe this site encourages that.

If you down, lets get moving. No more talking.

Thanks again for the site Mike!
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 5:41 pm

str8wisdom wrote:
I have read that many people want to get more people on this site and that is my heart as well. I must say that we have around 60 members and 98% of those members don't post that much, me included. Lets all put some time in on the website, asking and answering questions and posting in general. And lets also get the word out to those we know that are not on here. If we just invite people and don't check the site ourselves, it means nothing. One more thing, those that you know that haven't been on in awhile, hit them up and encourage them to start posting again. This site is a blessing to me and I would love to see our brothers and sisters growing in the things of God and I believe this site encourages that.

If you down, lets get moving. No more talking.

Thanks again for the site Mike!

I'll say this....

I don't know if it's so much that I want a lot more people on the site, but that like you said, we'd all be more active here. I know folks are busy. Trust me, I definitely understand that. But there was a time where I was just posting stuff with no interaction...lol. So, it kinda discouraged me from keeping the board up and running.

When I first thought about starting this forum, it was in my mind for it to be an alternative to HCR. Not that HCR is bad, but I wanted something different.

I envisioned a place where folks could just come and encourage each other in Christian love and not beat each other over the head on issues. Plus, I wanted to control the content so that when visitors come, they can see that this is clearly a Christian site.

I'm still prayerful that folks will be more involved, and I know that it starts with me.

So, all that to say.....thanks, Benton.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Okay, so I'm typing someone a PM on HCR - or, HC, rather....and all of a sudden, a screen pops up saying they're updating. Man was I upset. But hey, life goes on.

I really do want to get to posting on here more. I just haven't cause of the album, but that's no excuse. I mean, people is really what will get this forum going like Benton said. I think people are just used to HC because its already up and running and has been so for years. I go on there mostly to find out if any new music is coming out or something. I'm hoping this forum will be come a place, though, where decent conversation can happen though. I believe it can.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm encouraged by you's guys' hearts for this board/ministry. (sorry, been watching goodfellas type movies...lol)

I want to improve the design and feel a bit, too. I'm at the mercy of folks who know how to design skins for phpbb boards...lol.
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:50 pm

B. Morr wrote:
But hey, life goes on.

*sings .. la la la la la la life goes one ....
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:21 pm

What if we paid people 5 bucks to come on here everyday for two weeks? That'd bring folk in and the nature of a message board would have at least half the people actually staying.....what do you say? We can withdraw the 5 dollars per person from Mike's bank account.
Back to top Go down
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:18 am

Great idea B! I will start inviting people now. Mike get ready for your bank account to go to $0!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 pm

I have a better propostion.

Everyone who signs up gets a FREE B. Morr CD.......COLLECTION!

We'll call it the "Closer Was A Dope Album, But In the Meantime, You Must Practice Self Denial, As You Wait for Search Me Giveaway"!

I think that works out well.
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Michael wrote:
I have a better propostion.

Everyone who signs up gets a FREE B. Morr CD.......COLLECTION!

We'll call it the "Closer Was A Dope Album, But In the Meantime, You Must Practice Self Denial, As You Wait for Search Me Giveaway"!

I think that works out well.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:01 am

Okay, so since this thread was started, there hasn't been much going on here.

I'm really hoping that the level of conversation would increase. What can I do to make this a place you guys actually want to visit?
Back to top Go down
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:47 pm

I think you are doing all that you can. I think we need to do better at posting on here. I think the more people post and reply the more people will visit. This is the post I started and look how well I have been doing. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Thanks for coming through, B. It's a little discouraging at times to come on here and see that no one's posting or even logging in too much. I'd like to make this a more lively forum, but I can't do it alone.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:49 am

I will be back shortly.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:40 pm

B. Morr wrote:
I will be back shortly.

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Lockett

Lockett

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:46 am

What's up family?! I honestly haven't been on this board for quite sometime, in part due to being busy, but mainly just because I honestly forgot about the site. For those who don't know, my name is Mike, aka 'Locked2JC' from HCR. I would love to come here more often to post, have conversation, and encourage the brethren. I've always known myself as more of a 'lurker' than one who posts a lot of messages, but hopefully I can get into the habit of posting more messages overtime here.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:50 am

Lockett wrote:
What's up family?! I honestly haven't been on this board for quite sometime, in part due to being busy, but mainly just because I honestly forgot about the site. For those who don't know, my name is Mike, aka 'Locked2JC' from HCR. I would love to come here more often to post, have conversation, and encourage the brethren. I've always known myself as more of a 'lurker' than one who posts a lot of messages, but hopefully I can get into the habit of posting more messages overtime here.
yeah, yeah yeah. We know who you are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lockett

Lockett

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:56 am

B. Morr wrote:
yeah, yeah yeah. We know who you are. Very Happy

Haha, I'm glad. It's been a minute. I've been Sleep
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:57 pm

I'm glad to see you all here. It does my heart good to see folks here chatting, discussing, fellowshipping, etc. This is why I started this forum. Praise God! This is truly encouraging to me!
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:27 am

I think I'm just waiting for the free CD's!! How do I sign up for the "Closer Was A Dope Album, But In the Meantime, You Must Practice Self Denial, As You Wait for Search Me Giveaway"?
Back to top Go down
TrueConvert

TrueConvert

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:39 am

Chea Chea!! Good to be back. What's everybody here been up to? What's being read right now? afro
Back to top Go down
elboogee

elboogee

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Yup!

Well.. I'm around.... and I will post!

I love that this board.... there's a ....how shall I say.....cleanness to it!

there's a difference in our conversation here... I like it. I think God is pleased cheers
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:07 pm

elboogee wrote:
Yup!

I love that this board.... there's a ....how shall I say.....cleanness to it!

there's a difference in our conversation here... I like it. I think God is pleased cheers

I'm glad you can see a difference, sis. That's my goal. I'm easing myself off of another message board
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:35 am

Praise God!
Back to top Go down
Rikki

Rikki

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:15 pm

I pretty much lurk until something REALLY catches my interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read!   Please Read! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Read!
Page 1 of 1