All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Thoughts on This Year's Election

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LaRosa
LaRosa

My Thoughts on This Year's Election Empty
PostSubject: My Thoughts on This Year's Election   My Thoughts on This Year's Election EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:33 pm

This morning I received an email from a friend of mine asking my thoughts on an article/video that claims that Barack Obama is not a Christian. Now, I'm not one to talk about politics, as it's one of those things I loathe. Considering the spiritual implications of things concerning this year's election, I felt it was necessary to give a response to my friend, and to do so without even talking about politics. I took things from a purely biblical and spiritual standpoint, without picking sides, given that I'm not fond of either candidate, at least personally (but who cares what I think). Anyway, this is what I sent my friend...

Quote :
I never really considered him to be a "Christian" candidate anyway... and I'm not one to judge anyone's salvation, but there are lots of red flags & doubts that are raised especially when he doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to heaven; he just believes that it's his way there... Any Christian that believes that isn't really a Christian cuz John 14:6 makes it perfectly clear.

One way or the other, I'm not particularly pleased with either candidate. I'll likely write in my presidential vote because I can't vote for either one of them in my right mind.

I'll close with this though, from 1 Timothy... this should be the prayer of all believers concerning this election, as well as any other governmental affairs...

1 Timothy 2:1-2 - 1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. (emphasis added, my own)

We should be praying for those in authority over us; not that they would be Christians (although we are to pray for their salvation), but that we can continue to live our own lives in a godly manner and worship our Lord freely.

Why am I sharing this? Simply, I want believers to keep divine viewpoint in mind and remain people of prayer. God bless!

lj.
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on This Year's Election   My Thoughts on This Year's Election EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 10:59 pm

agree
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on This Year's Election   My Thoughts on This Year's Election EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 4:07 pm

I agree as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on This Year's Election   My Thoughts on This Year's Election Empty

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts on This Year's Election
Page 1 of 1