All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did You Know?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jewel

Jewel

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Well, this is a "General Discussion" forum, so I wanted to list some cool facts about the world we live in.

1) Did you know Dragonflies can travel as much as 85 miles in one day? (Imagine walking that everyday)

2) Did you know that a strand of a spider web is stronger than steel wire of the same thickness? God is awesome in how He creates His...well...His creation.

3) Did you know that the main library at Indiana University sinks more than an inch every year because the weight of all the books wasn't taken into consideration when the building was designed? Wow! I wonder if they will eventually build another building.

4) Did you know that Lightning is essential to the life of plants? The intense heat of lightning forms nitrogen oxides that are soluble in water and fall to the ground in rain, thus converting nitrogen to a usable form by plants.

5) Did you know that bamboo can grow up to three feet in a 24-hour period? MAN! And I thought my brother was going through a growth spurt. Can you imagine if we grew that fast? Shopping for clothes would be pointless.

6) Did you know that the architecture and chemistry of coral is similar to human bone? So similar in fact that coral has been used to replace bone graft in helping human bone to heal quickly and cleanly. Very interesting!

7) Did you know that, for the human eye to see the multicolored bands of the rainbow, you must strategically position yourself between the sun and the rain, with your back to the sun?

8 ) Did you know that the sting of a jellyfish is quite possibly the fastest cellular process in nature? Jellyfish can sting with as much force as a bullet, and their explosive cocktail of nerve-and-blood attacking toxins fire out at the same speed.

9) Did you know that the ocean contains 99% of the living space on the planet? Less than 10% of that space has been explored?

10) Did you know that many scientists consider frogs an important "biological indicator of the health of the Earth's ecosystems? Frogs are extremely sensitive to changes in the environment.

When I think of how vast, complex and beautiful the Earth is, I realize that they get their origin for the ORIGINAL beautiful GOD, who is vast, complex and beautiful. I love learning about nature and the planet, because it all points to GOD.

flower flower flower flower flower flower
Back to top Go down

Did You Know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: The Gathering Place :: General Discussion-
Jump to: