All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chema

Chema

Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH... Empty
PostSubject: Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH...   Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH... EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 pm

What up, fam.. God bless you

I am working on an essay about the REAL CONCEPT OF FAITH and I'd like to hear feedback from you.

Ok, due to the concept of faith that is being taught these days on some churches, I know the Lord put in my heart to write this.

The concept of faith that is being taught is something like the "name it, claim it" doctrine: "you gotta believe that you have already received what you ask the Lord for, and you gotta believe He is powerful enough to give it to you"... but I believe that's not what real faith is.. and unfortunately they take that from an interpretation of Hebrews 11:1..

Well, here is part of what I've written so far, and I want to know if I am correctly interpreting Hebrews 11:1:

Quote :
Faith.. what is faith?...

What is being taught today at some churches is "based" on

Hebrews 11:1

"1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

And the way it is interpreted is "You gotta believe in God, and believe that He can give you WHATEVER you want in order to get it" (in certain way like the "name it, claim it" doctrine)

But... in order to interpret correctly this verse, we gotta take a look at the WHOLE context, which begins with Hebrews 10, especially verses 32-39:

"32But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

33Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

34For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

35Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul."

The way Heb. 10:34 relates to Heb. 11:1:

" 34For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance."

Here, the Jewish knew that they had something BETTER than material things (their goods), and this is THE ETERNAL HOME WITH GOD IN HEAVEN (Eternal life)

and Heb. 11:1: "...the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

What are those things HOPE FOR? TO ETERNALLY LIVE WITH THE LORD, THE ETERNAL HOME, ETERNAL LIFE, as told in verse 34.

"... the evidence of things not seen"

This can be interpreted along with 2 Cor. 4:16-18

16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

and 2 Corinthians 5:1-6

1Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, 3because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7We live by faith, not by sight.

So those "things not seen" are what the Lord is going to give us, once we are with Him.

So FAITH really is to FULLY TRUST IN GOD, knowing that HIS will be done, regardless of what we may go through, so we must not put our sight in our sufferings or tribulations, or material things, but in our ETERNAL LIFE.

IMHO, if the REAL concept of FAITH were taught this way, there would be less people that turn away from God when they go thru hard times, or less people complaining about it, and they'd take EVERYTHING WITH JOY, the same way the Hebrews did.

Still have work to do.. but, am I correctly interpreting Scriptures?

Thanks a lot

God bless you
Back to top Go down
Chema

Chema

PostSubject: Re: Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH...   Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH... EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:08 pm

HEELP!!!
Back to top Go down
TwistTim

PostSubject: Re: Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH...   Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH... EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:10 am

Chema wrote:

Chema wrote:
IMHO, if the REAL concept of FAITH were taught this way, there would be less people that turn away from God when they go thru hard times, or less people complaining about it, and they'd take EVERYTHING WITH JOY, the same way the Hebrews did.

Still have work to do.. but, am I correctly interpreting Scriptures?

Thanks a lot

God bless you

Quoted For Truth Bro.

Yes, you are Rightly Dividing the Word here. Keep up the good fight man. and keep digging, cause I'm sure there's more to help your case here, my brain is just not working on all cylinders right now....
Back to top Go down
Chema

Chema

PostSubject: Re: Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH...   Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 pm

TwistTim wrote:

Quoted For Truth Bro.

Yes, you are Rightly Dividing the Word here. Keep up the good fight man. and keep digging, cause I'm sure there's more to help your case here, my brain is just not working on all cylinders right now....

Thanks, bro.. to God be the Glory..

I am still working on it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH...   Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH... Empty

Back to top Go down

Heb.11:1, concept of FAITH...
Page 1 of 1