All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say Something!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
elboogee

elboogee

Say Something!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Say Something!!!!   Say Something!!!! EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 pm

What's Good Fam afro

Here's a little evangelism encouragement story

I was on the train yesterday in Brooklyn and I looked up and sitting across from me was a young teen-age girl who was wearing a T-Shirt that said

"If you like my %$^#$*

You should check out my @#$%" (I wont put the words, I don't want to disobey Eph 4:29, or cause any to stumble- but you get the idea)

As I looked closer at the chicka, I noticed she was reading a bible affraid

Instantly there was this war- Should I say something- Should I keep it moving... The Holy Spirit was urging me to speak with her-

So she and I began to converse

"Hi- is that a bible you're reading"
"Yes" says she
"Cool".... "You know that your shirt and the bible are in disagreement"
"I know- thats what I'm working on"
"oh-okay....well are you born again"
"No- I haven't been baptized"

which lead to a discussion on baptism not equal to salvation...

Anyway- this young girl and I talked about the law of God, the holiness of God and the gospel- while we were talking other passengers where listening sooo... I started to talk about repentance louder lol!

She and I even got off the same train stop- we exchanged emails and numbers- I believe I gave her the gospel clearly and now my hope is that the Lord saves her. She said something that was pretty calvinistic though,

She says.... "I know that God chooses us-maybe He hasn't chose me"
I say... "You and I talking is part of God reaching out to you"

On the real- I felt such an uneasiness about keeping quiet. The Lord was like "Speak NOW!"

I plan to call her tomorrow- Prayerfully, the Lord will save her, and I will have a younger woman I can pour into.... *fingers crossed*

...so in conclusion- If the Lord is goading you to talk to a stranger...

although you may feel awkward- Say Something!
Back to top Go down
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

Say Something!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say Something!!!!   Say Something!!!! EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Thats awesome. How did the convo go? I am just reading this now but I will be praying for her. When you get a chance let us know how the convo went. This is a area that I struggle with and with the Lords grace I will get better at. Thats great that you said something.
Back to top Go down
elboogee

elboogee

Say Something!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say Something!!!!   Say Something!!!! EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Whats good cheers

Yes, I've spoken to this young lady three times since our train convo.

She called me one day out of the blue cheers I was shocked and happy I was like "Girl, call me anytime". Prayfully the Lord is drawing her.

This is something I'm working on to, because I'm pretty comfortable once I get started witnessing but I have a zero track record in discipleship and that's what I'm confused about confused . How do I lead sisters into rootedness in Christ? scratch

But yeah bro... saying something-especially when the Holy Spirit is a-nudging leads to really great convos. One of the best things about that day is how the other passengers were listening. Its encouraging.

To God be the Glory afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Say Something!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say Something!!!!   Say Something!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Say Something!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: Theology :: Evangelism-
Jump to: