All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do I explain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
elboogee

elboogee

How do I explain Empty
PostSubject: How do I explain   How do I explain EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:58 pm

What's Good Familia afro

It's been a while... But your girl, needs your help.

I have a friend who I think is anti-reformed theology because her father is a hyper-calvinist. She has heard a lot of sin coming from him so now she is so vehemently against reformed theology.

This chick is my girl. I love this girl. She goes to a very WOF-ish church, and she is in desperate need for sound biblical teaching. I invited her to Legacy and she agreed to come, but after she saw the conference titles she wanted to know what did they mean by Basic Doctrines. It was explained to her.

Anyway, long story short, I don't know what to say to my homey. At this point she probably won't come now because of her hatred for the Word "Calvinism". Mike, can you help me with this? How do I explain the Doctrines of Grace to Girlie?....I'm sooo sad that she is so turned off. All she learns is foolishness. She likes Joel Osteen for pete's sake! affraid

To Our King Be All Glory cheers
Back to top Go down
elboogee

elboogee

How do I explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I explain   How do I explain EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Hmmmm.....no responses yet..... confused
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

How do I explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I explain   How do I explain EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:33 am

elboogee wrote:
Hmmmm.....no responses yet..... confused

Hey sis. I'm definitely going to respond to this one. Don't worry. I'm on it! I've been a little busy the last few days, but tomorrow during a break at work, I'll respond. Promise.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

How do I explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I explain   How do I explain EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

I know you're probably looking for a profound answer (lol), but the best thing is to just point her to the Scriptures. Ask her if you can study with her; not necessarily that you'll only study the doctrines of grace. But, I assure you that it will come up in study.

Perhaps you can also show her the differences between historic Calvinism and Hyper-Calvinism. Hyper-Calvinism is heretical, IMO.

Make sure you are very gentle with her. All she knows about Calvinism is what her dad spews from his mouth. I'm sure they don't teach much at all about salvation at her WOF-ish church, so perhaps a study of the gospel and its implications will be helpful in dealing with her.

I have a little more to say, but I have to leave for school. Hope this helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How do I explain Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I explain   How do I explain Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I explain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: The Gathering Place :: General Discussion-
Jump to: