All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loving What God Hates?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LaRosa
LaRosa

Loving What God Hates? Empty
PostSubject: Loving What God Hates?   Loving What God Hates? EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 11:49 pm

Yesterday my friend and I had a chop up (time of fellowship) with some brothers from San Antonio. Towards the end of the day, we were just chilling at my boy's crib and sharing our hearts and things that were on our heart concerning the Scriptures. One of the brothers brought up the topic of taking pleasure in those things that we know God hates, especially in regard to the kinds of entertainment we enjoy. It has come to the point where we are completely desensitized to evil where we don't even respond in the right way. How is that believers can sit down and watch blatant fornication/adultery or murder and find pleasure and enjoyment in it? How is it that we can sit down and honestly find enjoyment in such things?

I've heard the argument before that it may be sin for you, but not for me. Indeed, in some cases, that is Scriptural and correct, but I don't think that really stands in this instance. How can we willingly sit down and choose to expose ourselves to sinful acts? The same goes for music; how can we find enjoyment listening to an artist talking about cheating on his girl or some other sin?

I don't really have much more to say; I just want you to ponder on that and think about the entertainment you're allowing yourself to enjoy. Are they the things that we know for a fact God hates? (And know that I've assessed myself before presenting this to you, and I had to do some house cleaning)...

http://blog.trailblazinministries.com/faith/loving_what_god_hates.php

lj.
Back to top Go down

Loving What God Hates?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: The Gathering Place :: General Discussion-
Jump to: