All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yahoo news post - 200 Animals Rescued From Home

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jewel

Jewel

Yahoo news post - 200 Animals Rescued From Home Empty
PostSubject: Yahoo news post - 200 Animals Rescued From Home   Yahoo news post - 200 Animals Rescued From Home EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 10:31 am

200 animals rescued from home

MARSHALL, Texas - An animal protection group on Friday rescued more than 200 animals, including 26 hissing cockroaches and two bearded dragons, from an eastern Texas home.
The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said the animals were still being counted Friday night.

The group was acting under the authority of the Harrison County Sheriff's Department and had gone to the property on a warrant regarding medical neglect.
Besides the cockroaches and bearded dragons, the animals included 68 dogs, 16 rabbits, 15 guinea pigs, 13 gerbils, seven doves, two dwarf hamsters, two hedgehogs, an opossum and a pink toe tarantula.

The SPCA said some animals were found in outdoor pens while others were in sheds scattered around the property. Others were in a doublewide trailer living in filth.
The SPCA said many of the dogs were very thin and appeared to be suffering from eye and ear infections. One dead frog and a dead guinea pig were found. The saved animals were to be taken to an animal care center.

A sheriff's department spokesman said he had no information on the raid and didn't know if any arrests were made.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080126/ap_on_fe_st/odd_animal_rescue;_ylt=AhmSJkbPlpqP3nP7iRy8ZfdeW7oF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s funny (yet extremely sad) how the world cares so much about cockroaches, bearded lizards and dwarf rodents, and can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on animal rights and things, but could care less about the homeless people in their own neighborhoods. “Oh, poor little doggie. He was so thin and had an ear infection. Oh, the humanity!!!!” elephant pig cat monkey Yet they see fellow Americans outside in the freezing cold everyday and do nothing. Now, I’m an animal lover, so I’m not opposed to taking care of pets and things (but roaches and tarantulas? Um…no thank you) However, the effort we put into going into every home, making sure animals are well taking care of should be doubly taken for our fellow man.

I use to want to be a vet, because I saw how people would pay hundreds of dollars on surgeries on their pets. However, its sad that they have shelters and things for stray animals and such, but not enough for the families on the street with no place to go. I do give props to the programs that do exist, however, there should be a lot more.

Just something to think about. Let God take care of the roaches and the puppies. Let us do our jobs and make disciples of all men, and that starts by showing love and meeting needs. (Luke 12:22-34) Remember, love is an action word and, like my boy Fred Hammond (and Commission) sang, “Love isn’t love, ‘til you’ve given it away”.
I love you
- - - Jewel
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Yahoo news post - 200 Animals Rescued From Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahoo news post - 200 Animals Rescued From Home   Yahoo news post - 200 Animals Rescued From Home EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 3:10 pm

This is really sad. Sad
Back to top Go down

Yahoo news post - 200 Animals Rescued From Home
Page 1 of 1