All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ol Testament Tithe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simply seth

simply seth

Ol Testament Tithe Empty
PostSubject: Ol Testament Tithe   Ol Testament Tithe EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Has anyone done a study on the OT Tithe .. my pastor said it was more like 28-30 percent

Where can I start reading to investigate scratch
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

Ol Testament Tithe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ol Testament Tithe   Ol Testament Tithe EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 7:06 pm

I found this bit of juicy text .....

Deut 14

22 “You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year.
23 And before the LORD your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.
24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the LORD your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the LORD your God chooses, to set his name there,
25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the LORD your God chooses
26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.

Set aside a tithe for a party

Ol Testament Tithe 312142

*goes back to studying
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

Ol Testament Tithe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ol Testament Tithe   Ol Testament Tithe EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:19 pm

okay ... since the tithe is part of the Mosaic Law, the mosaic law requires three tithes

TITHE #1: This tithe was entirely devoted to the priestly tribe of Levi who had no land allocated to it and no inheritance among the Israelites. This is sometimes referred to as the Levite's tithe.....

Lev 27:30
Lev 27:32
Num 18:24
Num 18:28

TITHE # 2: The second tithe may be called the festival tithe.

Deut 12:11-12

TITHE # 3: The third category of tithing in the Mosaic Law may also be known as a "welfare tithe"....

Deut 14:28-29
Mal 3:10-12

The infamous Malache 3. So used to coerce people into tithing. The curse that it speaks of , is the curse of not obeying the Mosaic law.

Our Lord Jesus has fulfilled all the requirements of the Law and has therefore taken the curse of not fulfilling it from us!

Matt 5:17

Gal 3:13

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

So there ya have it .. if ya wanna go by OT tithing ... (3*10=30)

That'll be 30 percent please.
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

Ol Testament Tithe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ol Testament Tithe   Ol Testament Tithe EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 am

yeah... the OT tithe is 20% 1 year, 20% the 2nd year, and 30% every 3rd year... or it breaks down to 23.3% if you calculate it out annually

Smile this was one of the issue i brought up to my former pastor when i decided to leave

lj.
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

Ol Testament Tithe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ol Testament Tithe   Ol Testament Tithe EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:50 pm

If you have any resources/scriptures to share ... share away Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ol Testament Tithe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ol Testament Tithe   Ol Testament Tithe Empty

Back to top Go down

Ol Testament Tithe
Page 1 of 1