All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! Empty
PostSubject: The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!   The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 3:17 pm

The following gems were written by Martin Luther.
Prior to being saved by the grace of God, Luther
was a Roman Catholic priest.

"The Mass is the greatest blasphemy
of God, and the highest idolatry upon
the earth, an abomination the like of
which has never been in Christendom."

"The Kingdom of Christ is a kingdom
of mercy, grace, and goodness. The
kingdom of the Pope
is a kingdom
of lies and damnation!"

"The Roman Church has become
the most licentious den of thieves,
the most shameless of all brothels,
the kingdom of sin, death, and hell.
It is so bad that even Antichrist
himself, if he should come, could
think of nothing to add to its wickedness."
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!   The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:17 pm

OUCH !
Shocked
Back to top Go down
loercase

PostSubject: Re: The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!   The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Shocked
Fam, do you have the context to the quotes. I'd like to see where he was coming from when he said those things. Seems like he was pretty heated.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!   The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:24 pm

loercase wrote:
Shocked
Fam, do you have the context to the quotes. I'd like to see where he was coming from when he said those things. Seems like he was pretty heated.

You wouldn't have to look too far into Luther's works to see his contempt for the Roman system. I don't have the particular context here.

Have you ever seen the movie chronicling Luther's life? That would definitely help you understand it all better.
Back to top Go down
loercase

PostSubject: Re: The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!   The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:42 pm

I saw the move Luther, but I havent really done the research in terms of discerning the historical from the theatrical. However, I feel what you are saying about Luther's contempt for the Roman Catholic system. Do you think that things have changed much in practice since Luther's time?
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!   The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 pm

loercase wrote:
I saw the move Luther, but I havent really done the research in terms of discerning the historical from the theatrical. However, I feel what you are saying about Luther's contempt for the Roman Catholic system. Do you think that things have changed much in practice since Luther's time?

No. They still hold to the ecumenical creeds. Same old RCC.
Back to top Go down
TwistTim

PostSubject: Re: The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!   The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:55 am

loercase wrote:

If you saw the recent Luther.....

There is little Theatrical, other than calming Luther down some.... He had a lot of Harsh things to say.... but it was very accurate other than that......

The Practice of Indulgences.... is still there.... just hidden from plain sight.... but it's there.... took till Vatican II to address it by a Pope, and then it was acknowledged......
The Pope is still seen as Infallible by Catholic Dogma when he speaks Ex Cathedra.....
There is still corruption and wickedness practiced by Priests in many areas (for example, sexual scandals, but also Money scandals and other things yet)......
Though not as much, the Papacy does still have sway with governments.... a lot of South and Central American coutnries that haven't gone to Atheism are Majority Catholic, and run by Catholics....
They still have on display 24 of the 12 Apostles Bones in Vatican City.....
They still bow to the Pope.....
They still practice many things that are not Biblical...

so.... yeah, the Catholic Church didn't Reform much.... it's still full of wickedness that was warned of by all the Protestant Reformers who just wanted to fix it, but those in charge didn't want to fix it..... men like Jan Hus, Martin Luther, and others....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church!   The Mass! The Pope! The Roman Church! Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1