All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian Award Shows

Go down 
+3
kritikul
TEDDY P
Michael
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Christian Award Shows Empty
PostSubject: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 7:31 pm

This board was not designed to be a music board, however, in a conversation I had with another brother just today, we talked about the Christian artist. Specifically, the Christian hip hop artist.

As I was talking to him about Christian music, the topic of award shows came up. He asked me if I felt it was right to have them.

I have always thought that was an interesting thing to think about. I, personally, don't believe that we should be receiving awards for ministry we are called to do. Why have a "best of this" and a "best of that"?

Would Paul have taken a Pulitzer Prize for the book of Romans? Of course not. Because Paul knew that he was simply a vessel of instrumentality used by God to write it.

What say ye?
Back to top Go down
TEDDY P

TEDDY P

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Aw man Mike, I'm in total agreement with you dude. To be honest there shouldn't be any award shows for Christian anything. Back in the day they just got together and had a big concert. More importantly most Christian music (popular) is off with the doctrine anyway. THE ATONEMENT! BUY IT!! Lol.
Back to top Go down
kritikul

kritikul

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 am

I believe the reason for this concept of rewarding Christian artists is because of something I was speaking about with a friend (who shall remain nameless Wink) not too long ago. The fact is that we, as a culture, want to be called sanctified, yet we measure ourselves by the world's standards, and even try to look like them in any and every way. It seems as though we forget that we are merely using music as a tool, or a medium, to edify believers and to bring non-believers to the saving knowledge of Christ. I have yet to see an award show for "Pastor of the Year", or "Most Memorable Sermon". The fact is that pastors don't receive those kind of awards because God has called them to do just that. Artists need to see themselves in the same light in order to understand that. More importantly, fans need to stop being so heavily influenced by the world that they would demand for the "Stellar Awards". That's nothing against the awards, but it just doesn't seem to make sense.

Matthew 16:27
"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."
(KJV)
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:44 am

kritikul wrote:
I believe the reason for this concept of rewarding Christian artists is because of something I was speaking about with a friend (who shall remain nameless Wink) not too long ago. The fact is that we, as a culture, want to be called sanctified, yet we measure ourselves by the world's standards, and even try to look like them in any and every way. It seems as though we forget that we are merely using music as a tool, or a medium, to edify believers and to bring non-believers to the saving knowledge of Christ. I have yet to see an award show for "Pastor of the Year", or "Most Memorable Sermon". The fact is that pastors don't receive those kind of awards because God has called them to do just that. Artists need to see themselves in the same light in order to understand that. More importantly, fans need to stop being so heavily influenced by the world that they would demand for the "Stellar Awards". That's nothing against the awards, but it just doesn't seem to make sense.

GOOD STUFF!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 am

Amen. Christ IS our reward. I long for the day when God's people will simply be satisfied with Christ alone.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:14 pm

All I can say is:

AMEN!!!

The Lord is my portion FOREVER!!!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:10 pm

Expo wrote:
Amen. Christ IS our reward. I long for the day when God's people will simply be satisfied with Christ alone.

My prayer exactly!
Back to top Go down
kritikul

kritikul

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:36 pm

Expo wrote:

Word!
Back to top Go down
Czarina

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 6:21 am

Expo wrote:

Amen! I believe Aaron Shust (thats probably wrong) said when he accepted an award that he did not deserve it and that he did not write his music to receive praise from man or to get an award. To say the least, people were a little shocked by this speech.

Another problem is that if others decide to follow in the same footsteps, it has the potential to become another boasting session of false humility.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 9:32 am

http://www.1031sermonjams.com/vol4.html
Click on the play button for "Christ Is" (by John Piper)

I think this is fitting for this topic....
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 am

That was dope, B. Got these on my iPod. The one from Driscoll on America's Idols is kinda bangin' too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Award Shows   Christian Award Shows Empty

Back to top Go down

Christian Award Shows
Page 1 of 1