All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does anybody care?

Go down 
+2
Jewel
B. Morr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
B. Morr
B. Morr

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 2:58 pm

Has anybody thought about the recent passing of Heath Ledger? I know its pretty much straight down the middle for folks who are stunned and putting up "myspace page memorials" and talking about how "it was just too soon" and "he went before his time" and all that. You got those folks and then you got the "oh word? Dag.............So what's for lunch today" folks. Is there are any sense of heartlessness in the latter? Cause I tend to reside more on that side when stuff like this happens (so yeah, I'm not perfect. Embarassed ). I.E. The recent passing of Evil Knievel, James Brown, Ike Turner, Chris Benoit, and of course, most recent, Heath Ledger.

Now, don't get me wrong...I was really grieved at what Chris Benoit did before he took his own life (murdering his wife and son). However, I wasn't about to break down and cry over him (over sin, YES, absolutely)....and I definitely wasn't feeling "tributes" to him despite his lucrative career. So, I say all that to say, to what degree do you - I guess - care when celebs die and what do you do with that? (i.e. use the recent death of a celeb to get folks to think about death when you're witnessing to them).

Curious to know your thoughts.

B. Morr
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Hmmm...that's a thinker. scratch When I heard of the death of Mr. Ledger, I was just like..."Wow. That's sad. So soon, and he was my age." But I guess I've gotten to the place in life where I realize that death happens. I pray (and am confident) that God will get the glory, in this situation. People respond a lot of different ways, when someone dies suddenly...especially someone so popular. Death doesn't discriminate and people need to be confronted with Heaven and Hell. Sometimes, people don't take that seriously until someone dies. God uses everything as an instrument to point to Him. Maybe, hopefully, this is one of them.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 3:44 pm

Man, it grieves me to hear when unbelievers die. From interviews Ledger has made, there's no indication that he knew the Lord. He mentioned in one interview that after his daughter was born, he looked at death differently. He said that he knew if he died, he'd "live" through his daughter, but that in another sense, he wanted to live to see her grow up.

The Lord does not take delight in the death of the wicked. I think it moves God to weeping each and every time an unbeliever dies. God has definitely shown us that He's a very personal being. When Christ wept over Jerusalem and even when God repented of making man.

Though I'm often grieved when I hear of these deaths, I pray that it would make more of a real impact on my life, so much so, that my desire to evangelize would be greater than it already is.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 5:04 pm

I'm with you B on this. I'm always sad to see someone die when I know they don't know the Lord as savior. I am even more saddened (if that is how you spell it) how people say they are in a better place. To see people so deceived about heaven and hell.
I think what it comes down to is, these celebrities that die (and the ones that are still alive) are idols to people. And in a sense, these celebrities are gods to these people. And when one dies they replace them with someone else, never looking to the only one true GOD! That is the part that saddens me the most. I pray that any person that calls themselves a Christian really examines their life to make sure they haven't placed anything above Jesus.

I hope that makes sense. Sorry if I got off topic. I do better speaking then I do typing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kritikul

kritikul

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 5:53 pm

I see a horrible trend in Hollywood. Crushing pressure leads so-called "stars" to fall (i.e. Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, etc.), but the reason, I believe, is because they lack a real relationship with the Lord (that's if they have one to begin with). God does not promise us freedom from turmoil, in fact, we should probably expect more of it because the devil hates a victory of a soul won over to Christ. But God does give us joy, and solace, and humbles us, breaking the legs of sheep who wander too far off. It is in that healing that we can find His ever powerful grace, and I'd venture to say that I'd be amazed if even 1% of the "stars" in Hollywood have any real understanding of it. It hurts when we see public figures grow so far away from God, but I expect that it won't get better. This country needs a reformation, but seeing that it's all fitting into God's plan as it should, I expect a rapture instead.
Back to top Go down
TEDDY P

TEDDY P

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 6:34 pm

kritikul wrote:
God does not promise us freedom from turmoil, in fact, we should probably expect more of it because the devil hates a victory of a soul won over to Christ.

Great stuff Orlando.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 12:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3Spcq6Uzs
Back to top Go down
kritikul

kritikul

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:01 am

Michael wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3Spcq6Uzs

WOW. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Does anybody care? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody care?   Does anybody care? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anybody care?
Page 1 of 1