All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Basic Behind Sin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Redeemed

The Basic Behind Sin Empty
PostSubject: The Basic Behind Sin   The Basic Behind Sin EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 8:49 am

From the moment a creature becomes aware of God as God and of itself as self, the terrible alternative of choosing God or self for the centre is opened to it. This sin…is the fall in every individual life, and in each day of each individual life, the basic sin behind all particular sins: at this very moment you and I are either committing it, or about to commit it, or repenting it. We try, when we wake, to lay the new day at God’s feet; before we have finished shaving, it becomes our day and God’s share in it is felt as a tribute which we must pay out of “our own” pocket, a deduction from the time which ought, we feel, to be “our own.”

-- C.S. Lewis
Problem of Pain p. 75

Mike I think I told you page 73, its actually page 75.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

The Basic Behind Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Basic Behind Sin   The Basic Behind Sin EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 am

Thanks. I'm gonna have to cop this book at some point. I have so many books to read. I don't know what to read first!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

The Basic Behind Sin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: The Gathering Place :: Devotionals-
Jump to: