All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Testimony - I could not stop crying

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
B. Morr
B. Morr

Testimony - I could not stop crying Empty
PostSubject: Testimony - I could not stop crying   Testimony - I could not stop crying EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:31 am

I was riding to work today and put in this OLD worship CD that I made. Now, its not that the songs were “old” by a long shot. It’s old in the sense that I hadn't listened to it (probably) since right after I made it. Probably listened to it like twice. So of course all these contemporary Christian songs come on (Christ - <sigh> Chris Tomlin, Desperation Band, etc). But I had also put on some HHH. And I also put two JR songs on there. And this one song by JR came on called For Me. And as the words of the hook hit me, I just started balling right there in the car. You know how when you try NOT to let tears flow they just build up in your eyeballs and begin to blur your vision? I was like, man, maybe I need to pull over (cause I was on the highway). But I wiped them (while the song was still on) and even more kept coming. And I couldn't stop my attempts to piece together in mind how Christ's blood paid my sin debt. And now by His sacrifice alone I will be able to SEE Him and spend eternity with God, but even yet spend this life appreciating that and walking around awestruck and stupefied at it for the rest of my life. To abuse a cliché, this truth continued to hit me (like, repeatedly) like a ton of bricks. Perhaps that's why I couldn't stop crying....because every time I wiped the tears it hit me again. BAM! Like hard, in the chest. <sigh>

I just thank Jesus Christ for His selfless sacrifice on my behalf.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Testimony - I could not stop crying   Testimony - I could not stop crying EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:48 am

B. Morr wrote:
I was riding to work today and put in this OLD worship CD that I made. Now, its not that the songs were “old” by a long shot. It’s old in the sense that I hadn't listened to it (probably) since right after I made it. Probably listened to it like twice. So of course all these contemporary Christian songs come on (Christ - Chris Tomlin, Desperation Band, etc). But I had also put on some HHH. And I also put two JR songs on there. And this one song by JR came on called For Me. And as the words of the hook hit me, I just started balling right there in the car. You know how when you try NOT to let tears flow they just build up in your eyeballs and begin to blur your vision? I was like, man, maybe I need to pull over (cause I was on the highway). But I wiped them (while the song was still on) and even more kept coming. And I couldn't stop my attempts to piece together in mind how Christ's blood paid my sin debt. And now by His sacrifice alone I will be able to SEE Him and spend eternity with God, but even yet spend this life appreciating that and walking around awestruck and stupefied at it for the rest of my life. To abuse a cliché, this truth continued to hit me (like, repeatedly) like a ton of bricks. Perhaps that's why I couldn't stop crying....because every time I wiped the tears it hit me again. BAM! Like hard, in the chest.

I just thank Jesus Christ for His selfless sacrifice on my behalf.

Amen, bro! I've had more than a few teary-eyed rides to work and school. I think J.R.'s "God of Peace" does it to me quite often. Also, the old Walter Hawkins "Changed" song that we used to sing at NHM. "A wonderful change, has come over me."
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Testimony - I could not stop crying   Testimony - I could not stop crying EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:59 am

Yeah man. I use to listen to soft thought-provoking worship music on my headphones at work. I couldn't do that anymore. Sitting at the front desk, crying like a fool!!! People walking by like, "What's the matter with Charaya?" I did that once...I can't do that anymore. So, I try playing more of an upbeat, worshipful, joyful type song, that talks about the joy of the Lord and whatnot. yeah...those songs get me too! WHATS THE MATTER WITH ME!?
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Testimony - I could not stop crying   Testimony - I could not stop crying EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:02 am

Jewel wrote:
WHATS THE MATTER WITH ME!?

You're a believer!!!!! Testimony - I could not stop crying 439534

Testimony - I could not stop crying 233846
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Testimony - I could not stop crying   Testimony - I could not stop crying EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Michael wrote:
Jewel wrote:
WHATS THE MATTER WITH ME!?

You're a believer!!!!! Testimony - I could not stop crying 439534

Testimony - I could not stop crying 233846

Oh yeah... Testimony - I could not stop crying 914472 that makes sense. Testimony - I could not stop crying 762403
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testimony - I could not stop crying   Testimony - I could not stop crying Empty

Back to top Go down

Testimony - I could not stop crying
Page 1 of 1