All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God Empty
PostSubject: Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God   Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:15 pm

According to Oprah's panel...

As Bible-believing people, how would you witness to a person who believes that their gayness is a gift from God?
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God   Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:42 am

I guess it would depend on their pre-suppositions.
They would have to abandon any notion of the all sufficiency, inerrancy and infallibility of scripture.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God   Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:04 pm

I would say, Yeah....the gift God gave to homosexuals was fire from on high when He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Enjoy...

Dag, that was wrong, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God   Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:17 pm

I trust that everything that comes out of Oprah's mouth is going to lead people in a direction away from God. ANYthing she talks about I don't listen to. She has the power to influence so many people and she is doing a great job of influencing them wrongfully.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God   Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Jewel wrote:
I would say, Yeah....the gift God gave to homosexuals was fire from on high when He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Enjoy...

Dag, that was wrong, wasn't it?

Maybe a bit harsh. We gotta remember what Christ said about the folks who perished at the tower of Siloam. "Except ye repent, ye will likewise perish."

So, the question is, how do we minister to these people who are obviously deceived?
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God   Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:01 pm

I'd say .. find out the person's stand on the sacred canon
then work from there at chipping away at their presuppositions.
then reason with them using our presuppositions (scripture as authorative, infallible, inerrant)
and lead them through the glorious gospel , the life , death and resurrection of Christ for the saving of sinners.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God   Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:20 am

I think that the sin of homosexuality isn't any different from any other sinful lifestyle that people live. Its the fact that everything is centered on themselves. And, "because God is love, He wants me to be happy and this makes me happy and I'm not hurting anyone else" yadda yadda yadda. The way we witness to anyone living a me-centered lifestyle (and actually thinking that God is pleased by it) is by showing them that God is a jealous God and that when we glorify even ourselves, we put us above Him, making ourselves Idols. And He's not pleased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God   Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God Empty

Back to top Go down

Spirituality 101: Being Gay Is A Gift From God
Page 1 of 1