All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dissect the mess

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simply seth

simply seth

Dissect the mess Empty
PostSubject: Dissect the mess   Dissect the mess EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Okay fam .. here is a challenge, see if you can dissect and address this mess below

Quote :

The problem with the Protestant faith and theology, ESPECIALLY in today's time, is that we have this "kick up our feet" expression of faith. We are LAZY! YES our faith is supposed to be active, but theologically speaking, we would teach passively "it don't take all that". Then the ones that teach this also have the audacity to say things like "where are the signs and wonders?"

If your faith was not "mobile" and "active" from the start (salvation), how on Earth do you expect to get active power of GOD working through you? To get there from the lazy man theology, it takes time and breaking away from a one-sided teaching of GOD's Word.

I will challenge any theologian to lift their head up from the waters of doctrine just for a moment to breathe in from the winds of the Spirit and watch signs wonders and miracles MULTIPLY. I speak this not from theory, but from experience. We are so aware of the Pharisee, but we ignored the Sadducee and they have slipped into your doctrines.

Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Dissect the mess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissect the mess   Dissect the mess EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Very interesting.

I was often told to "lift up my head from the waters of doctrine" in different terms. I was told that I looked at things too critically and that I need to just let go and let God!

Quote :
Mat 12:39 But he answered them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

Signs and wonders, huh? What does Christ say about those who seek for a sign? Why do we need signs today, if Christ has been raised and the Lord has given us His word? We don't need signs and wonders. This generation needs faith in Christ!

And......

Quote :
Mat 16:1 And the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and to test him they asked him to show them a sign from heaven.

I'd rewrite the last sentence to say, "We are so aware of how to be Pharisees and Sadducees seeking signs. So much so that we have slippery doctrines that don't reflect the character of Christ."
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

Dissect the mess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissect the mess   Dissect the mess EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Cool Cool mein .. the person kept givin' me twisted scripture, mysticism and cliches .. I kept givin' the person scripture.
After a certain point.. I just let it go.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dissect the mess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissect the mess   Dissect the mess Empty

Back to top Go down

Dissect the mess
Page 1 of 1