All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jolene

Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs?   Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Hey family Smile

I was just wondering if anyone here had dealt with drug addiction with anyone that is really close to them? How do you deal with it? Clearly the problem is salvation... but do you know of anyone who has been addicted to something HARD (like crack), and then got saved and turned around? I don't know of anyone like that myself, I'm just wondering. Also, how do you deal with the whole thing... do you buy things for them? Do you cut them off?

It's crazy because you could have someone get clean and still be unsaved and on their way to hell, but knowing someone who is addicted to this kind of thing, seeing the complete and utter destruction that it reaps in their lives, its like you see the consequences of their sin more prominently than say, someone who is unsaved but struggles with self righteousness/pride, etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this in their family/close friends... or maybe if they have dealt with it themselves.
Back to top Go down
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs?   Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey jolene, I have had someone close to me addicted to hard drugs, my brother. He was injecting over $800 worth a day into his system and then started manufactering it. The Lord saved Him over 2 years ago and everything about him changed. God is good!!!!!!! As far as how you deal with it, by God's grace alone. If it was up to me I would have left him to himself at that time but my mom really showed unconditional love. I know my mom made the right move to love him regardless of his actions and that is what I would say to anyone dealing with this problem. As far as buying things for them, it would depend on what you are buying. Food and clothes, yes but anything beyond that, no. I say that because they will sell anything they can to get money to feed their habit. My brother had to get arrested for his life to change and I am thankful that he did. God did a mighty work in his life and I'm thankful everyday for it. I would ask everyone to pray for for my brother as he is still affected by his decisions. He has been clean for 3 years but he needs God's grace everyday.

Thanks fam!
Back to top Go down
CLER

CLER

PostSubject: Re: Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs?   Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 1:58 am

praise God for your brother's testimony. i will pray for him. just for info, when he got arrested, how did he sober up? was he mandated for treatment? i do know by the grace of God can someone stay clean and not go back
Back to top Go down
jolene

PostSubject: Re: Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs?   Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 12:56 pm

thanks so much for the reply... praise GOD for your brother getting saved, that is much more of a miracle than sobering up (praise God that it comes together). I pray that the Lord continue to lavish grace upon each of us who is called...

my cousin (who is like my sister-my parents raised her since i was 8 and she was 7) has recently turned to some really hard drugs... i've been praying for her salvation and for her to get clean... it's really crazy how the hard drugs (crack, etc), really show you what captivity that sin really has over a person... it's easier to see the fact that the sin is a master over you in that situation, where it might be harder to "see" someone who is a slave to lust or a slave to pride, etc.

anyway, thank you so much for sharing! i am very encouraged by your brother's testimony! i know our God is able to save and get the glory according to His will!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs?   Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone with someone close to them addicted to drugs?
Page 1 of 1