All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
simply seth

simply seth

Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked Empty
PostSubject: Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked   Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 am

If God does not hear the prayers of the unrighteous (prov 15:29) ... and the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination (prov 15:8 ) ...then what is up with ...
Acts 10:1-2 scratch
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked   Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 pm

"one who feared God" is a convert to Judaism that was not circumcised... or a proselyte... so he was a believer under the old covenant

lj.
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked   Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:52 pm

ahhh for a minnit .. I though God was regeneratin' the dood
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked   Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Thanks. LJ.

Where did you get that definition for "one who feared God"? I want to take a look at that.
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked   Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:17 pm

don't have the exact sources, as it just happened to be spoken on @ church last night... i'll email the teacher and ask for his notes on that section Smile

but MacArthur does say this in his NT Commentary...

Quote :
Cornelius was a God-fearer. The Lord had moved on his dark soul so that he had abandoned his pagan religion and was worshiping Jehovah God. That devotion expressed itself in his giving of many alms to the Jewish people, and by the fact that he prayed to God continually. He had stopped short, however, of becoming a full proselyte to Judaism through circumcision.

will try to remember to check back in when i get those notes (emailing him now so i don't forget)

lj.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked   Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers and Sacrifices of the Wicked
Page 1 of 1