All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John 17:20-21

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
str8wisdom

str8wisdom

John 17:20-21 Empty
PostSubject: John 17:20-21   John 17:20-21 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 7:58 am

I was reading this prayer made by Jesus to God in Chapter 17 and came to this verse. My question is this. Does this verse mean that the whole prayer includes all believers or does it mean that from 20 to the end includes all belivers or is this verse only talking about the couple of verses before? This verse puts a question mark in my head because of verse 9 (same chapter). When we get to verse 9 we see that he is praying for the disciples only. But if verse 20 includes all of the prayer, then we can go back and apply it to ourselves but if verse 20 doesn't include the whole prayer, we can't apply that to us. This doesn't mean that I question the doctrine of election. I believe that is clear through out scripture.

Thanks fam!
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

John 17:20-21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: John 17:20-21   John 17:20-21 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 8:55 am

this prayer is specifically for the 12 (well... 11) disciples, although there is application for present day believers

lj.
Back to top Go down

John 17:20-21
Page 1 of 1