All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Exhortation to the Fam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

An Exhortation to the Fam Empty
PostSubject: An Exhortation to the Fam   An Exhortation to the Fam EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 3:58 pm

What's up, family?

I find it a great joy to be able to come here and have fellowship with you all. I enjoy discussing things pertaining to the faith and just in general to our overall lives.

Today, I want to encourage you to visit the Persecuted Church section of this message board. I'd like you to read the stories of some of our brothers and sisters whom we may not meet until we are all gathered together in one place, in the presence of the Lord forever.

I want you all to feel for them, understand their plight, and then spring into action. Pray for our brothers and sisters. Cry out to God for them. Keep them in your hearts and minds daily, never ceasing to offer up prayers on their behalf.

When was the last time any of us were found guilty of evangelism? When was the last time we got out and spread the good news of Jesus Christ with others? When was the last time we were brave enough to step outside of our comfort zones and care enough about those who are perishing to speak to them about the way of salvation? When was the last time when we were most concerned about the glory of God and therefore cast aside our fears and low expectations and simply went out to be witnesses for Him to the uttermost parts of the earth?

Let's not waste the power of the Holy Spirit that was promised to us.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

If you look at an old map of Jerusalem in the 1st Century AD, you'll see that Jerusalem was a city within the region of Judaea, and Samaria was a larger area expanding out. So, you see that Jesus stated that the power given by the Spirit was so that the people could be witnesses of Him first in their immediate area, then expand to the larger Judaea, and then out into Samaria and finally to the Gentile world. The power was needed for the expansive work of evangelism.

Looking at the progression in the book of Acts, you see them beginning in Jerusalem, moving into Judaea, then to Samaria and then we see Paul going to the uttermost parts of the earth (Gentile world) in his missionary journeys.

What have we done in our own neighborhoods? Have we began where we are? Have we then taken it out into the bigger region in which we live? What about other areas?

The power was given so that we could go out and be witnesses of Christ, not just by godly living, but primarily through evangelizing the lost.

Will you accept the challenge? Will you join me in reaching the lost for the glory of God?
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

An Exhortation to the Fam Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Exhortation to the Fam   An Exhortation to the Fam EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:49 pm

Crying or Very sad I'm such a pathetic excuse for a christian Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

An Exhortation to the Fam
Page 1 of 1