All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any Thoughts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Quote :
Here is your chance to speak to ______ live and get to know the woman behind the music. Not sure who ______ is? Well call in tonight and learn about ________'s vision for her music. Come with questions prepared.

HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
It's that time again! This Monday, _______ Entertainment presents another conference call with _______! You get to speak to _____ ______ for an hour and meet the woman behind the music! The directions to participate are below and all are welcome. Callers under 18 please get permission from your parents before joining the call.

To participate, dial __________. When the operator recognizes you as a participant, enter this access code: 205194 plus #. Once all the proper numbers have been entered, you'll be added to the Conference Call.

Additional details and rules are as follows:

A caller can join the conference call anytime between 9:30 and 10:30 p.m. EST, This Monday, May 5, 2008. No calls before or after this designated time or date will be connected.

We ask that once connected to the conference call, you Press 6 to mute your phone and just listen. This blocks out any background noise coming from your end of the line. Once you are ready to join the conversation, Press 6 again to un-mute your phone. We ask that participates continually do this throughout the conference call to drown out any excess noise so that everyone will be able to hear an respond to one another clearly.

To exit the conference call at any time, Press 3 or simply hang up.

If further instructions are needed, Press 4

No profanity, vulgar language or rudeness toward one another will be tolerated during the conference call. If such behaviors exist, the caller distributing the obscenities will be targeted and booted from the call.

Seeing as though this is a call where participants can join the conversation at any given time, we ask that each of the callers be polite in waiting until the current caller is finish speaking before replying. We ask that you do not talk over each other.

This is an opportunity to fellowship with others from around the country seeking the Lord just like you. This is also a chance to talk to ______ ______ about her life and ministry.

We ask that you be respectful and represent the body of Christ to your fullest potential.

Any thoughts about this? This is a Christian artist. Any feelings about Christian artists treating people like fans?
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:15 pm

I think I know who this is but I'm not gonna assume.

I'm not down with stuff like this. It further elevates the artist. You don't really NEED to get to know me like that. And if you do, it'll just be what it'll be. Treating people as fans will have them feel as such. No "minister" wants to be untouchable.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:18 pm

B. Morr wrote:
I think I know who this is but I'm not gonna assume.

I'm not down with stuff like this. It further elevates the artist. You don't really NEED to get to know me like that. And if you do, it'll just be what it'll be. Treating people as fans will have them feel as such. No "minister" wants to be untouchable.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up what I think about it. I hate to be referred to as a fan. Can you imagine the apostle Paul addressing the Romans, "Grace and peace from God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, to my fans in Rome. I'm giving you the opportunity to read my words and find out about me"?
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:25 pm

Expositor wrote:
Yeah, that pretty much sums up what I think about it. I hate to be referred to as a fan. Can you imagine the apostle Paul addressing the Romans, "Grace and peace from God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, to my fans in Rome. I'm giving you the opportunity to read my words and find out about me"?
Exactly. Truth be told. We don't want to know too much personal business and whatnot of an artist. More times than not it'll deter what you think of them and make their music less effective towards you and even cause ought in your heart towards them. I've seen it happen. You can probably enjoy someone's music better if you DON'T know them personally.
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:32 pm

i guess that means i'll never get to know B. Morr.... LOL

lj.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:42 pm

LaRosa wrote:
i guess that means i'll never get to know B. Morr.... LOL

lj.
On the contrary, sir. You just will never have to call up a hotline and only get me for an hour. And my security (which stands 7' 4' & 432 pounds) won't beat you down when you wave at me.

My advice to all (not that it was asked for): Treat an artist - scratch that - treat any person like they are special or more than what they are (a wretched sinner saved by grace who still often disappoints our Heavenly Father) and they will act like that......sometimes. When attentions comes it would be hard for ANYONE to stay humble. But if the labels are treating their artists like that then......oh well. We as listeners don't have to treat them like royalty. Granted, we don't have to treat them like pond scum or sludge on a school bus mud flap. But just like any other person. No matter how sick they are lyrically **cough cough** shai linne *ahem* excuse me.
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:52 pm

no doubt Smile we're all just brothers & sisters in Christ

i remember the first time i met Duce & Phanatik... had been listening to dudes for a minute, but when i met 'em, we chopped it up like we had known each other for years... same with Earthquake & Official... and just about anyone else i've met

we're all just people... Smile no need for superstar statuses... that's reserved for the King o' kings

lj.
Back to top Go down
zacchaeus

zacchaeus

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:01 pm

don't really like this concept. but this is another way these artists see to make money beyond just music, since the music biz is getting hit heavily...well, unless you're independent.

but media has programmed us that way, we even put ministers and pastors in the celebrity status. we're all co-laborers in Christ with different mission fields but the same Spirit. well hopefully. lol. i can't front i have gotten butterflies in my stomach from meeting cats i've only heard or seen in mags. and here's my public apology to Japhia Life for sounding like an idiot when i met him in ATL. not a good look for your boy. but now, i only give that glory to Jesus. He's the true superstar
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Plus....you know what I just thought about? We get to know ALOT of personal stuff about artists through their music. WHAT MORE DO WE WANT? OR NEED, for that matter. Think about.....from just their MUSIC ALONE what do we know?

Tim Brindle: had a girl that he broke up with for the sake of Christ. He used to battle and has tried to witness to his friends that he ran with in the world. (The Intercession & A Letter to My Friends - The Great Awakening)

FLAME: Concerning what was being taught at his church....Flame called his pastor and apologized for how he behaved, but they agreed to "go their seperate ways." (Give Us The Truth Part 2 - Rewind)

shai linne: struggled with forgiving his father for not being there and chose not to "share his father's name." (Memoirs - The Solus Chrisus Project)

R-Swift - was scared to approach the woman that would be his future wife because he thought she was out of his league. (Sunshine - Revolutionary Theme Musik)

Stephen the Levite: was engaged to someone in CA but that wedding was called off. (My Life's Soundtrack - ...to die is gain.)

Da T.R.U.T.H. - has a daughter from a previous relationship (Rose - Open Book)

I mean, the list goes on and on. Artists are pretty transparent (as transparent as they're gonna be) on wax. What more do we need, as listeners? But to be content with what is given.

Bare with me. I only put these things up to show how artists already give folks what they want them to know about them. (In sticking with the thread) We shouldn't have to have things set up specifically so we can learn more about the person. What God has done and is doing, is cool. Who they are and what they like and Ephesians 4:29 like that is really irrelevant. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:03 pm

zacchaeus wrote:
don't really like this concept. but this is another way these artists see to make money beyond just music, since the music biz is getting hit heavily...well, unless you're independent.

but media has programmed us that way, we even put ministers and pastors in the celebrity status. we're all co-laborers in Christ with different mission fields but the same Spirit. well hopefully. lol. i can't front i have gotten butterflies in my stomach from meeting cats i've only heard or seen in mags. and here's my public apology to Japhia Life for sounding like an idiot when i met him in ATL. not a good look for your boy. but now, i only give that glory to Jesus. He's the true superstar
I definitely feel you, bro.
Back to top Go down
zacchaeus

zacchaeus

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:33 pm

B. Morr wrote:
Plus....you know what I just thought about? We get to know ALOT of personal stuff about artists through their music. WHAT MORE DO WE WANT? OR NEED, for that matter. Think about.....from just their MUSIC ALONE what do we know?

Tim Brindle: had a girl that he broke up with for the sake of Christ. He used to battle and has tried to witness to his friends that he ran with in the world. (The Intercession & A Letter to My Friends - The Great Awakening)

FLAME: Concerning what was being taught at his church....Flame called his pastor and apologized for how he behaved, but they agreed to "go their seperate ways." (Give Us The Truth Part 2 - Rewind)

shai linne: struggled with forgiving his father for not being there and chose not to "share his father's name." (Memoirs - The Solus Chrisus Project)

R-Swift - was scared to approach the woman that would be his future wife because he thought she was out of his league. (Sunshine - Revolutionary Theme Musik)

Stephen the Levite: was engaged to someone in CA but that wedding was called off. (My Life's Soundtrack - ...to die is gain.)

Da T.R.U.T.H. - has a daughter from a previous relationship (Rose - Open Book)

I mean, the list goes on and on. Artists are pretty transparent (as transparent as they're gonna be) on wax. What more do we need, as listeners? But to be content with what is given.

Bare with me. I only put these things up to show how artists already give folks what they want them to know about them. (In sticking with the thread) We shouldn't have to have things set up specifically so we can learn more about the person. What God has done and is doing, is cool. Who they are and what they like and Ephesians 4:29 like that is really irrelevant. Just my opinion.

and truthfully, people are just too nosy. we're voyeurs and sensationalists. we have tingling ears and have our heads in the clouds, all those metaphors. but as you stated the artists share a lot. unfortunately people want to be closer. maybe they see something that's missing in their friends or in themselves. the imagination is a strange thing
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:47 pm

zacchaeus wrote:
and truthfully, people are just too nosy. we're voyeurs and sensationalists. we have tingling ears and have our heads in the clouds, all those metaphors. but as you stated the artists share a lot. unfortunately people want to be closer. maybe they see something that's missing in their friends or in themselves. the imagination is a strange thing
Good observation. HHH was never meant to be a tool by which an artist tells us about their life. That's their business whether or not they share that on wax for the WORLD to hear for centuries to come.

When I thought about how much artists do share on wax about their personal lives I was blown away. That's why I posted what I did earlier. What more could people NEED to know. What about the rest of the music that is biblical and God-honoring? Get into that....LOL They don't have to tell nobody NOTHING. Let alone allow you to talk to them for an hour - and only an hour - on the phone with other folks that want precisely 60 minutes with them too. Razz
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:49 pm

I think music is like our testimonies, in a way. When we spit our testimonies, what is the main subject? Is it what we went through, or the God who graciously brought us through? What did people learn most about my story?

We've been given the testimony of Christ to share with others. I wish more people would learn to take the focus off themselves and place it solely on Christ.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:51 pm

Expositor wrote:
I think music is like our testimonies, in a way. When we spit our testimonies, what is the main subject? Is it what we went through, or the God who graciously brought us through? What did people learn most about my story?

We've been given the testimony of Christ to share with others. I wish more people would learn to take the focus off themselves and place it solely on Christ.
Amen!
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:24 am

soooooooo......

did anyone call? Smile

lj.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:27 am

LaRosa wrote:
soooooooo......

did anyone call? Smile

lj.
Mike did.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:28 am

B. Morr wrote:
LaRosa wrote:
soooooooo......

did anyone call? Smile

lj.
Mike did.

lol!
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:30 am

hahaha! i'm pretty sure he did Smile

lj.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:48 am

No, for real. He did. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:53 am

No, for real, he didn't. I don't call married women. If I see them in church, cool. But, I ain't going out of my way to speak to a MARRIED woman...lol
Back to top Go down
LaRosa
LaRosa

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:58 am

wisdom Smile

on a side note: why are most managers in HHH women? makes it hard for a married dude like myself to do business and feel good about it (and explain it to my wife)...

for example, recently had to make some late night phone calls to an artist's manager for some business (cuz that's the only time i was available to chat)... how's a guy supposed to explain that to his wife?! LOL

lj.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:01 am

LaRosa wrote:
wisdom Smile

on a side note: why are most managers in HHH women? makes it hard for a married dude like myself to do business and feel good about it (and explain it to my wife)...

for example, recently had to make some late night phone calls to an artist's manager for some business (cuz that's the only time i was available to chat)... how's a guy supposed to explain that to his wife?! LOL

lj.

Well, are the managers their wives? If so, that's wise. My pastor's secretary is his wife.

Why isn't YOUR wife handling the business??

I just kidding with you, man.
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:07 am

Expositor wrote:
Well, are the managers their wives? If so, that's wise. My pastor's secretary is his wife.

Why isn't YOUR wife handling the business??

I just kidding with you, man.
Yeah, the whole, have my people (wife) talk to your people (wife). LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts?   Any Thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1