All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I would just like to say....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
elboogee

elboogee

I would just like to say.... Empty
PostSubject: I would just like to say....   I would just like to say.... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 am

That the book "Pilgrim's Progress" is goooood stuff!

It has taking me almost 2 years to finish this book affraid . I have picked it up-put it down- and picked it up countless time. I have probably renewed it from the library at least 4 times and I think it's overdue as you are reading this but....

It is really encouraging my soul.

For example... Hopeful is a fellow pilgrim going with my dude Christian to Zion, the Celestial City. In the Enchanted land they were warned by shepherds not to fall asleep. When they start to feel sleepy Christian asks Hopeful how did he come to know the King of Zion. Hopeful's conversion story is sooooo touching. He talks about weeping day and night over his sin not knowing what to do about it.

This made me think... scratch When was the last time I have weeped over my sin? When I am repenting of sin but do I truly hate it? Is my attitude toward sin "Well Lord, I messed up again...ah well, I'll try to be better next time" or do I truly grieve over my sin because it grieves my Lord ?

I like this book- it has convicted me and caused me to look at myself , my attitude, and my motives -I'm not done yet but I'm glad I committed to reading it. It is worth the perseverance and I encourage you Fam to pick it up for FREE at your local library!

To God be the Glory cheers
Back to top Go down
TwistTim

PostSubject: Re: I would just like to say....   I would just like to say.... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:31 am

elboogee wrote:
That the book "Pilgrim's Progress" is goooood stuff!

It has taking me almost 2 years to finish this book affraid . I have picked it up-put it down- and picked it up countless time. I have probably renewed it from the library at least 4 times and I think it's overdue as you are reading this but....

It is really encouraging my soul.

For example... Hopeful is a fellow pilgrim going with my dude Christian to Zion, the Celestial City. In the Enchanted land they were warned by shepherds not to fall asleep. When they start to feel sleepy Christian asks Hopeful how did he come to know the King of Zion. Hopeful's conversion story is sooooo touching. He talks about weeping day and night over his sin not knowing what to do about it.

This made me think... scratch When was the last time I have weeped over my sin? When I am repenting of sin but do I truly hate it? Is my attitude toward sin "Well Lord, I messed up again...ah well, I'll try to be better next time" or do I truly grieve over my sin because it grieves my Lord ?

I like this book- it has convicted me and caused me to look at myself , my attitude, and my motives -I'm not done yet but I'm glad I committed to reading it. It is worth the perseverance and I encourage you Fam to pick it up for FREE at your local library!

I'll do one better.... I have the book (Parts I & II) on my shelf with illustrations throughout the book..... if I could digitally scan them I'd show you Hopeful's face as he talks of his conversion.....I'm sure that's a picture in there....

I recomend watching John Bunyan: Journey of a Pilgrim it's a biography on the man....
Back to top Go down
B. Morr
B. Morr

PostSubject: Re: I would just like to say....   I would just like to say.... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:32 am

WOW!!! Redeemed was just telling me about this last night. I think I'm gonna stop sleeping now and order two online. My goal is to get me and B-doe (a friend of mine) to read through it together. Praise God.
Back to top Go down
elboogee

elboogee

PostSubject: Re: I would just like to say....   I would just like to say.... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:40 am

AMEN! Fam afro

I look forward to those illustrations T.T, and I'm glad you want to read it with a friend B.Morr.

I think I'm going to read his conversion story again and also the advice they gave to the " Lad" Ignorance... I was thinking .. "Man- If it wasn't for the datedness of the language, this book really could be mistaken for something written recently"

Nothing New under the sun indeed.... No

Here's a flower fam flower

Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: I would just like to say....   I would just like to say.... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:44 am

Pilgrim's Progress is a must read for ALL believers.

I considered it so urgent a matter, that I ordered a stack of the books (I found them at a WOF church) and gave them out to as many people as I could.
Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would just like to say....   I would just like to say.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I would just like to say....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: The Gathering Place :: General Discussion-
Jump to: