All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Administrator
Michael

North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD Empty
PostSubject: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:11 pm

North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD

NORTH KOREA – The Voice of the Martyrs is calling on the Communist North Korean government to immediately release 10 college students in Ham Kyung Book Do Chung, North Korea, who were investigated and arrested for reading a Bible and watching a video CD about the Bible.

According to Free North Korea Broadcasting, Mr. Jung, former vice-president of GumRung Company of the Rodong Dang Labor Organization Department, reported the case and has since escaped to China to avoid arrest by the National Security Agency (Bowiboo). “In March 2006, 200 Life Bibles and several hundred CDs were purchased in China and secretly placed in flour bags before being smuggled into North Korea. This huge Bible smuggling case was headed by GumRung Company employees who were influenced by Christianity in China and underground Christians in Nasun City. All the leaders have been arrested and are being severely tortured. If I am caught, I will be sent to a prison camp for political criminals. I didn’t want to die in prison camp, so I escaped,” Mr. Jung said.

In the Free North Korea Broadcasting report, Mr. Jung added that most of the arrested students attended ChungJin College. “These students shared the Bible and video CD with their friends. They also distributed the Bibles and video CDs to the other college towns,” he said.

The Voice of the Martyrs stands with and supports Christians facing severe persecution in North Korea.

For Information: www.persecution.com

Phone: (918) 338-8442
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Livin their best life now ... and yet the persecuted saints pray not for an end to persecution ... but endurance to be faithful
Crying or Very sad

I'm such a dirt bag ...
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:54 pm

simply seth wrote:
Livin their best life now ... and yet the persecuted saints pray not for an end to persecution ... but endurance to be faithful
Crying or Very sad

I'm such a dirt bag ...

I concur...

but which part?

Nah, fam. I feel you. We get upside when someone doesn't want to say "Merry Christmas" which isn't even found in the Bible.
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:32 pm

Saints in India .. bein' beaten, killed raped, tortured , having their homes burned, their churches burned.
And yet they ask that we pray that they "endure"
Shocked

I'm such a poor excuse for a Christian Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:01 pm

simply seth wrote:
Saints in India .. bein' beaten, killed raped, tortured , having their homes burned, their churches burned.
Shocked

I'm such a poor excuse for a Christian
Crying or Very sad

Wow. I feel you on that. Man, if that was us, we'd probably crack under the persecution. No
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:06 pm

Jewel wrote:
simply seth wrote:
Shocked

I'm such a poor excuse for a Christian
Crying or Very sad

Wow. I feel you on that. Man, if that was us, we'd probably crack under the persecution. No

You think so? I don't think so. I believe the Lord who promised us suffering for the sake of His name would graciously supply us with the faith and perseverance to endure it all. While no one wants to be physically tortured, what great rejoicing we have in being counted worthy to suffer with Him. I know that sounds weird on the onset, but it's true. With Christ, even the most horrible situations have real meaning and purpose.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Jewel wrote:

Expositor wrote:
You think so? I don't think so. I believe the Lord who promised us suffering for the sake of His name would graciously supply us with the faith and perseverance to endure it all. While no one wants to be physically tortured, what great rejoicing we have in being counted worthy to suffer with Him. I know that sounds weird on the onset, but it's true. With Christ, even the most horrible situations have real meaning and purpose.

I feel you. I'm just thinking about the normal American mindset. We have it so esy. We complain so much! We have so much convenience and whatnot, that if someone messes up our order at McDonald's, we're ready to sue! If we have a splinter, that's enough of an excuse to miss Bible Study or Sunday Morning Worship. We hardly have enough stamina to witness in the cold, rain or heat. Its just hard to see us willing put in the hard work for the cause of Christ. Of course, I know (especially since we're living in the last days) that Christ will sustain us for His name sake. I'm just saying...its hard to see us Americans staying strong...you know?
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Jewel wrote:
Jewel wrote:

Expositor wrote:

I feel you. I'm just thinking about the normal American mindset. We have it so esy. We complain so much! We have so much convenience and whatnot, that if someone messes up our order at McDonald's, we're ready to sue! If we have a splinter, that's enough of an excuse to miss Bible Study or Sunday Morning Worship. We hardly have enough stamina to witness in the cold, rain or heat. Its just hard to see us willing put in the hard work for the cause of Christ. Of course, I know (especially since we're living in the last days) that Christ will sustain us for His name sake. I'm just saying...its hard to see us Americans staying strong...you know?

Yeah, I hear ya, Jewel.

Christ's true church in America is one that looks less and less like America each day. When the persecution arises, He will have prepared the true church for what lies ahead. My prayer is that we'll be a people more passionate for His glory.

Left to fend off the enemy's attacks by our own strength, we would be in great danger. Thankfully, He will not do that to us. Praise God!! He is forever faithful!

I think we'll really see who the church is and who it isn't when the trouble comes.
Back to top Go down
Jewel

Jewel

PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Expositor wrote:
I think we'll really see who the church is and who it isn't when the trouble comes.

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD   North Korean Students Arrested for Reading the Bible and Watching Bible Video CD Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1