All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Closed minded!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chema

Chema

Closed minded! Empty
PostSubject: Closed minded!   Closed minded! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:24 pm

Close minded.. that's what my wife called me yesterday...
Why?... let me tell you.. the other day we went to this sister's house, she invited us to eat, my wife was already there... when I got there they were listening to a "sermon" (better said, a conference).. so I asked them "who's that?".. my wife said "his not Christian"..... so I'm like hmmmm... so I kept listening.. he was talking about marriage, how women must not let their husbands "abuse" them, etc. and I hear a "big" word, not a cuss word, but one that I still consider bad (for example, "hell" or "damn!" in English).. "WHAT THE HELL!" the speaker said... and then my baby boy repeated the expression: "WHAT THE HELL!" (in spanish of course.. the word is one that is like the "clear" version of the "F" word in spanish), I take a look at my wife... I really felt weird, I don't want my son to be saying that!.. so, they tell me a sister lend them the CD (a sister which I consider has a strong influence among women).. so the question arises: "Is it OK to listen to secular speakers"?... well, what I believe is the "sermon" had a "positive" message about marriage...
so, yesterday I asked my wife how the sermon was.. she said "oh, it was nice", I asked her "what was about".. she said "well, about marriage and stuff".. so I asked "does he have Biblical point of views".... "well, at the end he mentioned something about the Bible".. I'm like "what?".. she said "I don't remember"... then she said "you shouldn't trip about the language!".. I am like "it is not about the language, is about the speakers point of view, and God's point of view".. so, she told me "don't be so CLOSE MINDED!"... but.. am I??
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

Closed minded! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Closed minded!   Closed minded! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Matt 7:13-14 Wink
Back to top Go down

Closed minded!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: The Gathering Place :: General Discussion-
Jump to: