All of Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All of Grace

An online community where believers can come and be challenged, edified and equipped with the Word of God unto every good work.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

arminianism .......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
simply seth

simply seth

arminianism ....... Empty
PostSubject: arminianism .......   arminianism ....... EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:19 pm

can arminanism lead one to try to "win the lost" by extra biblical methods ?
I see on another board people passionately defending their right to use extra-biblical methods to "reach the lost"

So I was wondering ... is that because they see in themselves the power to get people saved and/or the power being in their method to get people saved ?

Seems like things are easier in calvinism, you preach the Gospel , God saves, THE END.

Am I off base ?
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Michael
Administrator
Michael

PostSubject: Re: arminianism .......   arminianism ....... EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 7:27 pm

simply seth wrote:
can arminanism lead one to try to "win the lost" by extra biblical methods ?
I see on another board people passionately defending their right to use extra-biblical methods to "reach the lost"

So I was wondering ... is that because they see in themselves the power to get people saved and/or the power being in their method to get people saved ?

Seems like things are easier in calvinism, you preach the Gospel , God saves, THE END.

Am I off base ?
Rolling Eyes

No, I don't think you're off base at all, Seth.

I think you might have a good point. Peep my signature. It's a quote from a bangin' (too much philly) book by Will Metzger called "Tell the Truth." When you don't really have a good understanding of God's active role in salvation, you're likely to try to do almost anything to win souls for Christ. After all, usually their mindset is that in order to win souls, you must think of clever ways to do it. When salvation is a mere human decision, the pride of man thinks he can sway someone by his arguments. Not so. No one gets saved outside of the Lord saving them completely.
Back to top Go down
simply seth

simply seth

PostSubject: Re: arminianism .......   arminianism ....... EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 8:22 pm

aight coo .. 'cause I'm startin' ta see stuff different now that I have a more reformed view
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonshine

Sonshine

PostSubject: Re: arminianism .......   arminianism ....... EmptySat May 03, 2008 8:44 pm

simply seth wrote:
aight coo .. 'cause I'm startin' ta see stuff different now that I have a more reformed view
Very Happy

its not our reformed views its just about how God does things, its all in the Bible. if we try to sway people with our words then are they really getting saved?

salvation isnt a mere human decision its a supernatural work of the holy spirit, all we have to do is preach the truth, and the conviction of the holy spirit will draw men to repent of their sin, then cause them to be saved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: arminianism .......   arminianism ....... Empty

Back to top Go down

arminianism .......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All of Grace :: Soteriology-
Jump to: